Any way to get input

elchoky10

6 hours ago, elchoky10 said:

For example i want to add a input to the screen and player type the model name, and then spawn.

I just want know if any native to input on screen or similar?

There is a basic input screen in the game, it can be called using https://www.mod-rdr.com/nativedb/index/misc/display_onscreen_keyboard-r2456/. You can then use GET_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD_RESULT to get the result of the input. While the input box is being drawn, use UPDATE_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD to get the current state of the input:

0 - is being shown

1 - input just confirmed

2 - editing cancelled

3 - not showing

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, LMS said:

There is a basic input screen in the game, it can be called using https://www.mod-rdr.com/nativedb/index/misc/display_onscreen_keyboard-r2456/. You can then use GET_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD_RESULT to get the result of the input. While the input box is being drawn, use UPDATE_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD to get the current state of the input:

0 - is being shown

1 - input just confirmed

2 - editing cancelled

3 - not showing

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the help, i learn now how make scripts i try with RDR2 because is new, after i think i know how modd, i want to go to LSPDFR, i was there from years.

Just one time more, i know i shoulbe use the AB'S script to mod, but my other post i dont get to work the CREATE_PED, i investigate and i get to the result in diferents NativeDB we have same method but with differents parametters.

Heres is the natives i found to create ped:

static Ped CREATE_PED(uint32_t p0, float p1, float p2, float p3, float p4, bool p5, bool p6, bool p7, bool p8, bool p9, bool p10) { 
    return invoke<Ped>(0xD49F9B0955C367DE, p0, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10); } // 0xD49F9B0955C367DE b1207

static Ped CREATE_PED_A(Hash modelHash, float x, float y, float z, float heading, BOOL isNetwork, BOOL thisScriptCheck, BOOL p8, BOOL p9) { return invoke<Ped>(0xD49F9B0955C367DE, modelHash, x, y, z, heading, isNetwork, thisScriptCheck, p8, p9); }

Ped CREATE_PED(Hash modelHash, float x, float y, float z, float heading, BOOL p5, BOOL p6, BOOL p7, BOOL p8) // 0xD49F9B0955C367DE b1207

What native is the correct 😞

20 minutes ago, elchoky10 said:

Thanks for all the help, i learn now how make scripts i try with RDR2 because is new, after i think i know how modd, i want to go to LSPDFR, i was there from years.

Just one time more, i know i shoulbe use the AB'S script to mod, but my other post i dont get to work the CREATE_PED, i investigate and i get to the result in diferents NativeDB we have same method but with differents parametters.

Heres is the natives i found to create ped:

What native is the correct 😞

Generally you should use the declarations provided by the hook you use. What is not working with the native?

4 minutes ago, LMS said:

Generally you should use the declarations provided by the hook you use. What is not working with the native?

I have the create_ped and continues invicible peds.

I just use the native in my hook was no declare with name native, just 

_0x283978A15512B2FE _SET_PED_DEFAULT_OUTFIT

I

So i add the native like with this name:

static void SET_PED_VISIBLE(Any p0, BOOL p1) { invoke<Void>(0x283978A15512B2FE, p0, p1); }

in the native file, inside namespace PED.

I try and continues dont working i get ped spawned but invisible.

5 hours ago, LMS said:

In Alexander's ScriptHook, that native is called PED::SET_PED_VISIBLE(ped, TRUE); You can try using that.

I use a gta5 code to draw a box in a NPC.

And this code: 

Hash ped = MISC::GET_HASH_KEY("A_C_Horse_TennesseeWalker_Chestnut");
		Entity player = PLAYER::PLAYER_PED_ID();
		Vector3 playerCor = ENTITY::GET_OFFSET_FROM_ENTITY_IN_WORLD_COORDS(player, 0, 5, 0);
		Entity spawn = PED::CREATE_PED_ALWAYS(ped, playerCor.x, playerCor.y, playerCor.z, 0.f, false, false, false, false, true, true);
		ENTITY::SET_ENTITY_VISIBLE(spawn, TRUE);
		ENTITY::SET_ENTITY_ALPHA(spawn, 255, FALSE);
		PED::SET_PED_VISIBLE(spawn, TRUE);
		STREAMING::SET_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED(ped);

Spawn the ped, but never go visible:  SET_PED_VISIBLE IS THE _OUTFIT CHANGER AND ALSO I ADD THE ENTITY BUT nothink

Alexander's ScriptHook:

char* hmodel = "A_C_Horse_TennesseeWalker_Chestnut";

DWORD model = GAMEPLAY::GET_HASH_KEY(hmodel);
if (STREAMING::IS_MODEL_IN_CDIMAGE(model) && STREAMING::IS_MODEL_VALID(model))
{
	STREAMING::REQUEST_MODEL(model, FALSE);
	while (!STREAMING::HAS_MODEL_LOADED(model))
		WaitAndDraw(0); // WAIT(0);
	Vector3 coords = ENTITY::GET_OFFSET_FROM_ENTITY_IN_WORLD_COORDS(PLAYER::PLAYER_PED_ID(), 0.0, 3.0, -0.3);
	Ped ped = PED::CREATE_PED(model, coords.x, coords.y, coords.z, static_cast<float>(rand() % 360), 0, 0, 0, 0);
	PED::SET_PED_VISIBLE(ped, TRUE);
	ENTITY::SET_PED_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED(&ped);
	STREAMING::SET_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED(model);
}

@LMS how use DISPLAY_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD and GET_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD_RESULT to set the char* hmodel, please?

I can't find a way to make it work. Ty!!!!

Edited by JoewAlabel

12 hours ago, JoewAlabel said:

@LMS how use DISPLAY_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD and GET_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD_RESULT to set the char* hmodel, please?

I can't find a way to make it work. Ty!!!!

What is not working for you? Do you get the keyboard to show at least?

On 12/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, LMS said:

What is not working for you? Do you get the keyboard to show at least?

I can using it creating one function:

char* GetKeyboardInput(char* defaultText = "", int length = 64)
{
	GAMEPLAY::DISPLAY_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD(1, "", "", defaultText, "", "", "", length);

while (GAMEPLAY::UPDATE_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD() == 0)
	{
		scriptWait(0);
	}

if (GAMEPLAY::UPDATE_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD() != 1)
	{
		return "";
	}

return GAMEPLAY::GET_ONSCREEN_KEYBOARD_RESULT();
}

And using:

char* hmodel = GetKeyboardInput("", 64);

I'm using AB Hook and Native Trainer source...

I can't figure out how put one text to shows up above the input, like as: "Write the Ped Model".... or anything else.

And the BIG problem is that I can't use ctrl + v on the input. No idea why i can't ... I pressed the key and it don't paste -.-
Do u knew how fix it, please?

ty!!!!

Edited by JoewAlabel

One of the parameters is the text to show. You could probably try using CREATE_VAR_STRING and then pass the resulting string there. No idea if Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are supposed to work.