[Mod Suggestion] Take a Ferry as Fast Travel or Just a Journey From Specific Areas

Take a ferry from the Sea of Coronado to the northern Lanahechee River/Annesburg or Flat Iron Lake/Blackwater or Clemens Point/Cove (the cove is by the horse fence). Map editor could be involved with this, and show where the path of the ferry goes. A ferry icon on the map. Hold a button to skip the journey and just go the destination. Blackwater, Clemens Point, and Annesburg all have docking points. But at least Blackwater has a dock specifically for a ferry and even has a booth for buying ferry tickets.

Edited by 354ve67h8u6ftft4rRDCFHN3Q4

it's part of the mapeditor already with the StDenisFerryMan.chai just attach it to a ped and you can take the ferry to guarma it includes ui and even a small cutscene. If you want more locations or similar just modify the script to your liking..

ferry.png

• 1 year later...
On 12/19/2020 at 2:54 PM, Lambda said:

it's part of the mapeditor already with the StDenisFerryMan.chai just attach it to a ped and you can take the ferry to guarma it includes ui and even a small cutscene. If you want more locations or similar just modify the script to your liking..

ferry.png

Hey there, is there any way you could give a quick tutorial on how you got this menu? I have map editor and the Ferry script but I can't access the menu even after attaching to a ped. Is there something I gotta set for his scenario or something like that?

Edit: Buy Ticket option pops up only when I aim a weapon at the ped I attached script to. If I actually select it though I get an error and map editor crashes without opening the menu.

Edit 2: It turns out the issue was trying to access the menu via controller. Can only properly do it with keyboard. I will try to make edits to the script and see if I can fix this if anyone is interested.

Tutorial no longer required but thank you for the editor!

Edited by doofensmurf
More details