Red Dead Redemption 2 Linux Mod Compatibility

I would like a discussion about the above mentioned topic. I would like for example Lenny's Simple Trainer, No Hitmarkers Mod, Humidity Core Mod, Hardcore Mod, etc. And discussions of performance differences between Linux and Windows if also possible.

Edited by 354ve67h8u6ftft4rRDCFHN3Q4

My trainer does quite a bit of .NET hackery which not be supported that well on Linux, but No Hitmarker Mod should probably work fine. Performance from what I have read is quite good on Linux, especially on AMD.

• Like 1

I've tried several times to use your trainer but I don't know how to. My performance is good when considering what my setup is. Doesn't look like the No Hitmarker mod is working even when putting DisableReticleChanges=true.

No beeping sounds is definitely a bad sign. I am not sure how Wine handles DLL proxies, but if you can somehow verify that my version.dll gets loaded that would be great. That is the loader for my trainer.

• Thanks 1

Is it true that your trainer disables the world invisible sniper, i.e. the Guarma sniper, New Austin sniper etc.? If so, has it been updated, and what were those updates for? And how would you disable the Pinkertons from hunting you, when your in South West Elizabeth (Tall Trees and Great Plains regions) for example? Getting into Blackwater without the police instantaneously recognizing you even with a mask on.

I think I have a feature to disable the New Austin sniper, not sure if the others are affected. It has been updated many times over the course of the year, just see the changelogs for more information.

The rest I cannot answer definitely as I never really played the game, but never wanted might work.

• Thanks 1

I have never used it on Linux, but I assume if the game runs fine, so would do most mods. Then again they make heavy use of memory editing APIs so those might not be supported 100%.

Well I don't think it is too much to ask to at least check if the DLLs load fine since you are using it in a not supported environment. Note that version.dll itself is linked statically, so you would not need any dependencies for that.

The problem is you are using an unsupported platform that neither I nor you know much about, so it is tough for us to work through this together. I have no idea of running RDR 2 or my trainer on Linux, I just know how they are supposed to work and what indicates whether they are working or not. How you can verify these things in your environment, I cannot tell you. On Windows you could use a debugger such as x64dbg or even CE to inspect the loaded modules.

Potentially, not sure what that option does. What you want to make sure is that it loads my version.dll instead of the system one. In Windows this works by just having the DLL in the folder where the EXE is located, it then prefers the folder one over the system directory one.

• 3 months later...

I didn't manage to get Lenny's Simple Trainer to work on Linux, but I finally got Script Hook working for RDR2 on Linux. I used these Launch options in Steam WINEDLLOVERRIDES=dinput8,ScriptHookRDR2,dxgi=n,b PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60 %command% -adapter 1 -vulkan -width 1920 -height 1080 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -cpuLoadRebalancing -ignorepipelinecache Keep in mind that I have an AMD card, so If you have an Nvidia card, just go to protondb and find the Nvidia equivalent to my Launch options. The line "WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput8=n,b"" is what allows Script Hook to load. So without it, Native Trainer won't load when you press F5.

Edited by Zeckywekie
  • Like 3