Attaching a prompt to a ped

bolmin

Hi, I was wondering is it possible to add a prompt to an exisiting ped like the valentine gunsmith. Do you use the set prompt group native or something else? I uploaded an image of what I mean by prompts attached to peds.

gunsmiths-e1573117906896.png

Prompts are merged by default iirc, so all you need to do is add them to the ped and if they have a different key, they will show up. If they use a key already bound, you might have to set the priority.

I know how prompts work but I have no idea how to find the hash for the valentine gunsmith ped, then find the group where his prompts are assigned to and finally how to add a prompt to him. Still, thanks for the reply

Find the ped handle by looking for peds close the location where you expect it to spawn, then check for the model. Once you got the ped, you can get the ped's prompt group and add prompts to it. Should still auto-merge.

okay so I tried using

Entity EntityTarget;
        if (PLAYER::GET_ENTITY_PLAYER_IS_FREE_AIMING_AT(PLAYER::PLAYER_ID(), &EntityTarget))
        {

if (ENTITY::IS_ENTITY_A_PED(EntityTarget)) 
                {

//output EntityTarget

but I am not sure if I am doing the correct thing

Looks good at first glance, try killing or doing something else very visible to the entity to know whether it picks it up currently. Also free aim I think is limited to aiming with a firearm, not just targeting them.

• Like 1