Multiplayer horses in Storymode issue

Rhonu

So I used the Lenny trainer to spawn in a splashed piebald gypsy cob in early chapter 2, right after the mission with the bear. I can saddle it and bond with it just fine, but the game won't let me stable it.

The first time I tried the gypsy wouldn't show up when I rode into the stables and it wouldn't let me stable my original horse either. I rode in on the gypsy (no saddle) but when I exited I was back on my first horse and the gypsy had disappeared completely.

Second time I tried I first put my saddle on the gypsy and then rode into the stables. It still wouldn't show up, so I couldn't do anything like change tack or give it a name, but when I exited I was still riding it. My original horse was still following me because I can't stable that one either. It's like the game doesn't recognize I'm actually riding a second horse.

So I saved my game, reloaded and now my gypsy had changed into a tennesee walker.

My guess is this happens it's a RDO horse and it's not supposed to be ridden in Story, though I honestly don't know why it won't show up in the stables. Does anyone know how to make this work? I really want this horse for Arthur.

EDIT: after a few more tries I managed to get it into the stable and give it a name, so that worked, but upon reloading my save it still changed into a tennesee walker.

Edited by Rhonu

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Zorro'sBeans said:

how did you spawn it in, in the first place? i don't know how to add the multiplayer or online exclusive horses in the lennys trainer mod.

You have to add them to the 1st.ini file included in the trainer files...

• 6 months later...

I usually spawn my horse and then use the RDR save editor from Nexus to keep it.
The Red Dead Trainer at Nexus also lets you keep it, but it doesnt have the horse list Rampage or Lenny has. 
You still won't be able to stable the Online horses, but if you use the horse hitch or what it's called from the camp upgrades to swap your horses and saddle, it works fine

I've changed tactics since, I've swapped out the model of the dark bay turkoman with one of the online horses and that works fine because the game still thinks it's a turkoman even though it looks like the black overo mustang (in this particular case). This makes using online horses pretty much hassle free and lets you stable them just fine.

On 8/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, Rhonu said:

I've changed tactics since, I've swapped out the model of the dark bay turkoman with one of the online horses and that works fine because the game still thinks it's a turkoman even though it looks like the black overo mustang (in this particular case). This makes using online horses pretty much hassle free and lets you stable them just fine.

i want to do this but have zero clue how, could you give me a rundown on how to?

14 hours ago, samcullen said:

i want to do this but have zero clue how, could you give me a rundown on how to?

You need OpenIV to get the online horse files. You might also be able to find the horse you want on Nexus, the Bigger Horse mod includes a few of the online horses but these are all sized up to be around the size of a turkoman.

In OpenIV use the search function to find the .ymt file of the online horse you want, just search for the breed itself and extract the file that has your desired coat. This doesn't work for all breeds, searching for the gypsy horses for example won't get you any results so if that happens with your horse of choice, do the following:

Go here: https://www.rdr2mods.com/wiki/hasher/  enter the full ped name of the horse you want (in my case that was a_c_horse_mustang_blackovero) and hit the Hash! button, it will give you the hex. If you don't know the full ped name, you can find it here https://www.rdr2mods.com/wiki/ped-search/

Enter the hex you generated in OpenIV's search and extract the .ymt file that comes up. Save it to your desktop or something.

Now you need to decide which storymode horse you want to use as a base. Your online horse will have the same stats as the horse you pick as a base, so I went with the Dark Bay Turkoman because I think it's the best overall breed in terms of stats, has the war and race horse classification and I don't care for that particular coat.

You need to rename the .ymt file you extracted and give it the ped name of the horse you want it to replace, so in this example I would rename it to a_c_horse_turkoman_darkbay.ymt.

Then put this file into your lml/stream folder, go ingame and use a trainer to spawn in the storymode horse you used as a base. If you did it right it will show up as your online horse of choice, but the game will still think it's a storymode horse.

Hope that was clear enough. If not feel free to send me a message. I had help with this too the first time I tried to figure this out :3

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, Rhonu said:

You need OpenIV to get the online horse files. You might also be able to find the horse you want on Nexus, the Bigger Horse mod includes a few of the online horses but these are all sized up to be around the size of a turkoman.

In OpenIV use the search function to find the .ymt file of the online horse you want, just search for the breed itself and extract the file that has your desired coat. This doesn't work for all breeds, searching for the gypsy horses for example won't get you any results so if that happens with your horse of choice, do the following:

Go here: https://www.rdr2mods.com/wiki/hasher/  enter the full ped name of the horse you want (in my case that was a_c_horse_mustang_blackovero) and hit the Hash! button, it will give you the hex. If you don't know the full ped name, you can find it here https://www.rdr2mods.com/wiki/ped-search/

Enter the hex you generated in OpenIV's search and extract the .ymt file that comes up. Save it to your desktop or something.

Now you need to decide which storymode horse you want to use as a base. Your online horse will have the same stats as the horse you pick as a base, so I went with the Dark Bay Turkoman because I think it's the best overall breed in terms of stats, has the war and race horse classification and I don't care for that particular coat.

You need to rename the .ymt file you extracted and give it the ped name of the horse you want it to replace, so in this example I would rename it to a_c_horse_turkoman_darkbay.ymt.

Then put this file into your lml/stream folder, go ingame and use a trainer to spawn in the storymode horse you used as a base. If you did it right it will show up as your online horse of choice, but the game will still think it's a storymode horse.

Hope that was clear enough. If not feel free to send me a message. I had help with this too the first time I tried to figure this out :3

sorry but i don't understand about how to put ymt files in lml/stream.Because I thought I did it right,but nothing changed.I tried to change dark bay turkoman to perlino turkoman.Even other user's mod not working.Could you help me out?Thanks.

• Like 1