Mod Request - Civil War

Officer Rabbit

So I'm very new to creating mods but had an idea I like to put out. I know this game takes place close to 40 years after the Civil War but I think we could create something epic. The idea is to make something similar to "Red Dawn" by PtiTony (GTAV). I have no idea how to write scripts nor am I good at coding so I'd need some help from the community on this. As for the peds, I'll be working on character models once OpenIV supports RDR2.

So if the community likes the idea, I'd love to give this idea a go. I'd appreciate any help with this or if someone more experienced would like to take the lead for writing the script you'd be my hero.

~Rabbit

8 hours ago, Officer Rabbit said:

So I'm very new to creating mods but had an idea I like to put out. I know this game takes place close to 40 years after the Civil War but I think we could create something epic. The idea is to make something similar to "Red Dawn" by PtiTony (GTAV). I have no idea how to write scripts nor am I good at coding so I'd need some help from the community on this. As for the peds, I'll be working on character models once OpenIV supports RDR2.

So if the community likes the idea, I'd love to give this idea a go. I'd appreciate any help with this or if someone more experienced would like to take the lead for writing the script you'd be my hero.

~Rabbit

You could use Lemoyne Raiders for this. They're basically nostalgic southerners. The "history" behind this could be that they managed to muster enough people and now are trying Civil War again.

And if you'd like to better contextualize this mod, its premise could be something over the lines of Marx quote: History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.  

• Like 1

I was thinking that the Raiders outfit would be great but making a more "realistic" skin for the Civil War would work best. Now, the idea of just continuing the story with them starting a new Civil War would be pretty cool too. I believe there are options available to use existing in game clothes for the US Army and the Raiders so I think that would work well. Now if I could figure out how to script this!

it has the potential to be amazing and there is tons of material in those files. The Lemoyne Raiders and US army models can be used but i really think you should make fully customized and in depth soldiers and officers for both sides. Theres so much material to work with here that theres really no excuse for anything less than high detail in the model dept. On a somewhat related note, we need a smoke from firearms mod badly

• 2 years later...