Making NPCs "lasso-able"?

In some situations you cant lasso NPCs (the crosshair is not red but gray/disabled when aiming at them with a lasso).

Does anyone know a function or trick to make NPCs lasso-able all the time?

Do you know the "reason" why you cannot lasso them? Is it because they are friendlies or something? Depending on what it is, it might be easier or harder to remove.

22 minutes ago, LMS said:

Do you know the "reason" why you cannot lasso them? Is it because they are friendlies or something? Depending on what it is, it might be easier or harder to remove.

They are not friendlies, they are in writhe animation (forced via tasking NPCs to go into cover, then setting them to ragdoll -> they go into writhing mode but dont die in 1 shot). However, I can only lasso them if I force push them (during the push). When they are in animation, the reticle is greyed out like they are friendlies.

17 hours ago, HughJanus said:

They are not friendlies, they are in writhe animation (forced via tasking NPCs to go into cover, then setting them to ragdoll -> they go into writhing mode but dont die in 1 shot). However, I can only lasso them if I force push them (during the push). When they are in animation, the reticle is greyed out like they are friendlies.

That might be a game mechanic limitation that is hard to bypass unfortunately.

• Like 1