RDRFR 0.1 Now Available!

Sam

It's a little late to say the least, but we're excited to announce that the first public version of our police mod for Red Dead Redemption 2, RDR First Response (RDRFR), is now available for download.

This first version of RDRFR puts the power of the law into your hands for the first time since Rockstar's flagship title arrived on PC.  Working in conjunction with our Patreon supporters and testers, we've built a number of core features into the mod for you to enjoy with the ability to arrest suspects, go on duty and request backup in a manner similar to LSPDFR for GTA V.  

Being tailor made towards RDR, though, there's a couple of key differences in RDRFR.  One of the new concepts we've introduced is for providing 'missions' or 'investigations' to the player.  Instead of pretending that police radios existed in the 20th Century, you'll now find that civilians within the world will summon your help the old fashioned way - in person, calling out loudly for the assistance of the law.  Similarly, there are other noticeable deviations throughout especially as it relates to arresting suspects and the interaction options available.  Instead of having separate key presses or buttons, we've tried to keep things as integrated with the game as possible: most of the features and actions in RDRFR are accessed or performed through the game's contextual prompts.

As for the mod itself, we did originally hope to put RDRFR into your hands much sooner, but our efforts were hampered by the ongoing situation in the real world which has had an effect on us all.  It's important to note too that RDRFR, along with RDR modding in general, is very much still in its infancy and there's still a lot left to figure out as it relates to development.  Developing the mod has been a challenging process and please do keep in mind that RDR isn’t GTA - there are considerable and significant differences across the board; whether it’s the way in which characters act towards each other or simply the differing user interfaces and core gameplay systems like inventories and items. 

With that being said, we do think that our first version of RDRFR introduces some compelling new ideas, interesting concepts and leaves plenty of room open for future expansion.  You'll notice there are some neat details throughout the mod, and there's also a couple of content packs which make use of the RDRFR API already available, developed by our testers, for you to add-on too.

We hope that you enjoy this release of RDRFR, and we thank you for your patience as things took a little longer than anticipated.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, fatpally said:

Will this work for the Rockstar Launcher Version ?

Yes, it will work fine that version.

I've played it quite a bit, and I've really been enjoying myself so far. I've noticed it's pretty buggy at the moment, but I see huge potential for this. Any word on the next update?

Edited by JakeyPoo
Thought HTML would display as executed

On 7/13/2020 at 11:30 AM, JakeyPoo said:

I've played it quite a bit, and I've really been enjoying myself so far. I've noticed it's pretty buggy at the moment, but I see huge potential for this. Any word on the next update?

An update to address most of the bugs (alongside a new version of RPH which should fix the horse callout issues) will be available soon. As for future plans, we will have to see how we can best divide our resources between our projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever i download rage plugin hook for read dead 2 it deletes itself or wont even finish dowoading i have all my antivirus off and i have rage for lspdfr and it works fine if anyone can give me any suggestions would help alot 

On 7/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, Ry856 said:

Whenever i download rage plugin hook for read dead 2 it deletes itself or wont even finish dowoading i have all my antivirus off and i have rage for lspdfr and it works fine if anyone can give me any suggestions would help alot 

If it deletes itself, this can only really be explained by an antivirus or similar software deleting it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Krokx said:

I'm already using RPH 2.80 (the latest) will RDRFR work with the latest RPH? (don't want to overwrite it with an older one)

Yes, you need the latest version.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, i am newbie in this forum.  I have downloaded the RDR First Responder mod but here is a wrong thing make me unable to play. 

- I got Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ultimate version via Steam. Everything completed installed but why I can't play the game in single mode?. I
Any one know how to switch it back into Single mode, or i have to bought it direct from Rockstar?

168140431_WhatsAppImage2020-12-02at12_48_34PM.thumb.jpeg.f4fac508370fe33a28fca3a7689fb219.jpeg

1098949876_WhatsAppImage2020-12-02at12_48_41PM.thumb.jpeg.f5a225261696fcb954cba39614cf6d60.jpeg

1 hour ago, Howard Mai said:

Hi all, i am newbie in this forum.  I have downloaded the RDR First Responder mod but here is a wrong thing make me unable to play. 

- I got Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ultimate version via Steam. Everything completed installed but why I can't play the game in single mode?. I
Any one know how to switch it back into Single mode, or i have to bought it direct from Rockstar?

Have you tried running Red Dead Redemption II straight through Steam and having the launch it instead of using the Rockstar Games Launcher? Also, on the sidebar does it have any other games, as that version you are running is strictly for running Red Dead Online. 

Also, on your second screenshot you are on the Online Tab at the top right, press Q or click on Story to go into Single player.

48 minutes ago, Ben said:

Have you tried running Red Dead Redemption II straight through Steam and having the launch it instead of using the Rockstar Games Launcher? Also, on the sidebar does it have any other games, as that version you are running is strictly for running Red Dead Online. 

Hi Ben,
Yes, i have tried. Start the game straight from Steam, and waiting for the RDR2 First responder running. But everytime I start RDR2, the Rockstar Games launcher will still appear and asked me login account to Social something. 

These game i think it appeared because the ultimate version i bought.

Edited by Howard Mai

47 minutes ago, Ben said:

Also, on your second screenshot you are on the Online Tab at the top right, press Q or click on Story to go into Single player.

So, how i can play RDR2 First Responder through this Story mode?. Do you ever try?

20 hours ago, Howard Mai said:

So, how i can play RDR2 First Responder through this Story mode?. Do you ever try?

On the second screenshot in your original post, you need to switch to the Story tab so it goes into Singleplayer, then whilst it's loading run the RagePluginHook.exe that is in the Red Dead Redemption 2 directory, that'll load up RPH and RDRFR, then you just need to go to the Sheriff's station to go on duty.

• 5 months later...

Greetings, although I have done all the steps correctly, RDRFR is not activated. The warning stating that Rage Plugin Hook is activated appears at the bottom right when I enter the game, but the Sheriff icons do not appear on the map and the mod is not activated.I write LoadallPlugin from the console for the game and say unknown code.