HUD and UI questions

Shtivi

Hi,

I'm trying to get these things to work and dont know how:

1. show a help message

2. Show a prompt of an available action like when you lasso someone, get close to him and you have on the right bottom corner a hogtie prompt.

I've seen it in the Hunting wagon mode, you can press "Z" to call the hunting wagon. How did he added it to the menu?

RAGE Plugin Hook has a function to print help and it also works with any .NET language, so perhaps you can give that a try. We have a tutorial here: 

Disclaimer: I am one of the authors of RPH.

13 minutes ago, LMS said:

RAGE Plugin Hook has a function to print help and it also works with any .NET language, so perhaps you can give that a try. We have a tutorial here: 

Disclaimer: I am one of the authors of RPH.

Is it possible to look into the source code of rph?

The native hash is 049D5C615BD38BAD but the arguments are two structures, so it's a bit more effort to get it working. RAGE Plugin Hook has that function wrapped for you in C#, so that might be the easier way.

6 hours ago, LMS said:

The native hash is 049D5C615BD38BAD but the arguments are two structures, so it's a bit more effort to get it working. RAGE Plugin Hook has that function wrapped for you in C#, so that might be the easier way.

I know, i tried the tutorial of the NPC taxi.

extracted everything, placed NPC_taxi.dll and pdb in the c#plugins folder, launched the game and then launched RPH.exe. The game crushes when i try to load the my script... dont know what to do.

Also, does RPH is able to run along side with script hook? 

Yeah hooks can co-exist fine just like on GTA V, that's not a problem. Does your logfile reveal anything? Perhaps some files are missing causing it to crash.

2 hours ago, LMS said:

Yeah hooks can co-exist fine just like on GTA V, that's not a problem. Does your logfile reveal anything? Perhaps some files are missing causing it to crash.

020 12:52:00 AM.130] Error while loading plugin D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\C#Plugins\NPCTaxi.dll. Plugin is skipped during reload. Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Rage.RemotePlugin' from assembly 'RagePluginHook2, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.133] at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.135] at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.136] at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyString, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.138] at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.139] at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.140] at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.142] at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.144] at fM7yR2zBHiex_gZtaRbuPZI.hAXm7XcRP$RWRq$eZKmJrSQ(String ) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.145] at sZJr2G73PwZLF8_nux5f$_7868mrTfTzroq6LRMLvXbH.XWuRhz3fzgg04umooyTjKpQ(String , Boolean ) 
[3/7/2020 12:52:00 AM.146] at sZJr2G73PwZLF8_nux5f$_7868mrTfTzroq6LRMLvXbH.fAltt4B2I3Ao5ZsqcOCa0zrGOSaklOzaTN2O3ndiuSwC(Boolean )

thats what i get

I just tested it myself and it works fine, but due to an API change you need to change one line of code. Make sure to use the latest SDK dll in your "Dependencies" folder (it's from January 24). Once you have updated it, line 35 should throw an error when trying to compile. Change it to "if (Input.WasKeyJustPressed(Keys.G))" and it should then compile just fine. Copy the updated plugin into the C#Plugins folder.

Also please note that you are not supposed to copy the SDK DLL into the game folder or the C#Plugins folder. You just need it in your project folder.

On 3/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, LMS said:

I just tested it myself and it works fine, but due to an API change you need to change one line of code. Make sure to use the latest SDK dll in your "Dependencies" folder (it's from January 24). Once you have updated it, line 35 should throw an error when trying to compile. Change it to "if (Input.WasKeyJustPressed(Keys.G))" and it should then compile just fine. Copy the updated plugin into the C#Plugins folder.

Also please note that you are not supposed to copy the SDK DLL into the game folder or the C#Plugins folder. You just need it in your project folder.

thanks for your help, i hope ill get to it soon.