HUGE Problem with Modding RDR2 That No One is Talking About

Dagger323

Thanks for your effort ! It's a pitty it doesn't work completely. 

I'm wondering what if we change the .ytd files to +hi.ytd: , like dominatorgt does on a mod Terrain Textures Overhaul.

I suposse I would have to change the install.xml as well . Ill see what I can do

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, emo cat boy said:

so far ive only done a small amount of testing but with just the jorango equipped im experiencing no spawn issues or train issues.

thats good to know. Im confidently sure my edited textures helped a bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, formul46 said:

Thanks for your effort ! It's a pitty it doesn't work completely. 

I'm wondering what if we change the .ytd files to +hi.ytd: , like dominatorgt does on a mod Terrain Textures Overhaul.

I suposse I would have to change the install.xml as well . Ill see what I can do

I dont know about that. WhyEm DLC adds files using a certain method as far as I know. Those other big texture mods, they only replaces vanilla files. but yeah, maybe we're into the first step of finally figuring this out.

• Like 1

i just did some testing wearing a full outfit from whyems (everything i could possibly equip at once) and trams had passengers at saint denis and the train spawned at valentine between 6-7.
i dont have any other texture mods installed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, emo cat boy said:

i just did some testing wearing a full outfit from whyems (everything i could possibly equip at once) and trams had passengers at saint denis and the train spawned at valentine between 6-7.

i also just got arrested and as soon as i left at 6am a train had spawned so my game even with the whyems full outfit is fine

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vincemeister55 said:

thats good to know. Im confidently sure my edited textures helped a bit.

yh i tested regular whyems earlier today and even with one item equipped i had empty trams and no trains

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, emo cat boy said:

That's what I have said. It may vary from user to user. It'll probably work if youre not using a lot of other texture mods. I for one has a lot of other texture mods in lml and in the stream folder.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, emo cat boy said:

yh i tested regular whyems earlier today and even with one item equipped i had empty trams and no trains

The downside of this is youre probably cannot use other texture mods if youre gonna prioritize WhyEm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vincemeister55 said:

The downside of this is youre probably cannot use other texture mods if youre gonna prioritize WhyEm.

yh thats what i was thinking caused it, i dont use any other texture mods anyways. but im still sceptical about using it outside of just testing

• Like 1

Well, I think the benefit would be that you can use other texture mods instead. But it's a tedious process. You have to test every time if it's working or not.  If you really like to use WhyEm's textures, make it as the base for your texture mods. From there, whenever you install new texture mods, test every time to check if it'll cause the despawning issues. Until it does, then delete some texture files from WhyEm, then test again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vincemeister55 said:

Well, I think the benefit would be that you can use other texture mods instead. But it's a tedious process. You have to test every time if it's working or not.  If you really like to use WhyEm's textures, make it as the base for your texture mods. From there, whenever you install new texture mods, test every time to check if it'll cause the despawning issues. Until it does, then delete some texture files from WhyEm, then test again.

i prob wont install any other textures or upscales as i like to keep a high fps when i play and the game looks good enough imo.

• Like 1

I got finally got WhyEm DLC with my edited textures to work with my mods, without the spawning issue. But I had to make sacrifices for my other texture mods. I downscaled the textures of my edited 2K Artwork Arthur Morgan Project mod to 1K. Disabled my 1K edited version of AI Upscaled Gore, and disabled High Vegetation Resolution in LML. With all these changes, all is working in St.Denis, spawning-wise.

Edited by vincemeister55
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 9:54 AM, vincemeister55 said:

Sure. Also, Ive added some few more mods in LML since my last post. And still no spawning issue whatsoever.

LML mods that I added since my last post;

Artwork Arthur Morgan Project (I downscaled the textures from 4k to vanilla 1K since Im only using a 1080p monitor)

Arthur Redone (I use it as it is, no downscaling of textures needed. I switch from this and Artwork Arthur from time to time)

Saddle Fixes
Companion System Relationship
Sheriff Dailogue
Gun Belt Fix
Bar Brawls
Water Physics Overhaul
Reduced Reload Speed and Increased Lod For All Story Mode Weapons
Increase Weapons LOD
Higher Resolution Vegetation

Vestigia (I said in my last post that Vestigia was also causing the spawning issue. True, but then I tried and deleted the gameconfig.xml and systemsetting.ymt files on it and instead use the experiment gameconfig mod and the geometry level slider mod, it works. No spawning issue.)

*Ive added a couple of mods in the stream folder too;

Visual Damage for Kids (I merge it with my metapeds.ymt)
Javier Escuella Outfit Overhaul
Arthur Eye Color
The 5th Abigail Mod
Bearded Dutch
Dutch Improved
Fixed Prison Scars
Black Leather Stalker Hat
Veill's Classic Frock Coats
Veill's Shotgun Coats
Strapped
Better Looking Karen
Better Looking Mary-Beth 1.0
Duplicate Valentine Doctor Bug Fix

Upscaled UI - HUD - rain- water and some other things (Ive use some of it but not all)

Here's my .asi files installed;

AllowMenu.asi
ArmPosters.asi
BanditHideouts.asi
BetaMissionPassed.asi
Boats.asi
BountiesExpansion.asi
BountyDialogues.asi
BucketWash.asi
Clock.asi
CollectablesInRange.asi
Colter.asi
Companion.asi
Contracts.asi
CutDialogueEnhanced.asi
DogCompanion.asi
DragPeds_Natural.asi
Duels.asi
DumpThatCargo1.1.asi
EnhancedPersistenc1.4.asi
Graves.asi
GunTricks.asi
Harlots.asi
HatBlip2.0.asi
horseHolster.asi
HorseHydration.asi
horseLantern.asi
HorseSprint-v2.asi
HotAirBaloon.asi
HudCrosshair.asi
HuntingCamp.asi
HuntingGrounds.asi
kill_children.asi
LawmenFix.asi
LOS Enemy Blips.asi
MapEditor.Asi
Minimap.Asi
MorePersistentWeather.asi
Needs.asi
NoBountyWithMask.asi
NoGlowingPickups.asi
NoHitmarker.asi
NoHolstering.asi
NonStickyHats1.0.asi
PedDamageOverhaul.asi
PlayablePiano.asi
PVPPersistence.asi
rdr2-translator.asi
ReducedCameraShake.asi
ReturnToAdlerRanch.asi
SAC dead body removal.asi
Seats.asi
Shootouts.asi
SmokingComplete.asi
StashThatLantern2.8.asi
StashedThatWagon.asi
SurvivalMechanics.asi
TieYourLasso.asi
WildHorses.asi

There's still a lot of small texture mods that's in my stream folder too. No spawning issue on my game.

Hope this helps.

hi, so I've tried almost all the mods you provided as well as the previous modlist + this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/2188, without any other mods. But trams and trains still don't have passengers, then I disabled the above mods and nothing changed.. is there something wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vincemeister55 said:

I got finally got WhyEm DLC with my edited textures to work with my mods, without the spawning issue. But I had to make sacrifices for my other texture mods. I downscaled the textures of my edited 2K Artwork Arthur Morgan Project mod to 1K. Disabled my 1K edited version of AI Upscaled Gore, and disabled High Vegetation Resolution in LML. With all these changes, all is working in St.Denis, spawning-wise.

So it's the number of assets loaded that cause it and of course whyem would tip it off even with your edits given all the other textures you have... i don't have practically any texture mod so i think i will try your edited version.

it would be interesting to test roughly where this tipping point is i also find it interesting how in your first test with the edited whyem it worked for a few minutes, given your tests would you say the spawning issues are kinda also time based depending how long you play? (also thanks for doing the hassle of editing 2000 files) 

3 hours ago, ayamgoreng2 said:

hi, so I've tried almost all the mods you provided as well as the previous modlist + this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/2188, without any other mods. But trams and trains still don't have passengers, then I disabled the above mods and nothing changed.. is there something wrong?

what mod is this? the link doesnt work

2 hours ago, xerofilontoXerofilonto said:

So it's the number of assets loaded that cause it and of course whyem would tip it off even with your edits given all the other textures you have... i don't have practically any texture mod so i think i will try your edited version.

it would be interesting to test roughly where this tipping point is i also find it interesting how in your first test with the edited whyem it worked for a few minutes, given your tests would you say the spawning issues are kinda also time based depending how long you play? (also thanks for doing the hassle of editing 2000 files) 

yh i also think this is true as with the regular whyems even equipping one item causes the spawning issues instantly whereas there are many other outfit mods such as the man with no name poncho that are larger than anything in whyems but dont cause a spawning issue

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vincemeister55 said:

I installed your edited whyems dlc by replacing the item textures folder in normal whyems.

But, all the names are invisible, do you know what might cause this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vincemeister55 said:

My my other mods are LST, Outfit Changer, Rampage, lockdown manager, player cleaner, no auto horse holstering, deadeye master, dlss tweaks, version.dll

My lml mods:

(Old black hair arthur is disabled)

second image is stream folder

Could contain: text, screenshot, software

Could contain: text, screenshot, menu, font, book, design

Edited by Saber23454
  • Like 1

I think he meant, using your edited textures there's stuff on the WhyEm shop at trader that is without textures. I noticed this as well .

For example , the John hat , or Duffy coat.

I do get the same result using the normal WhyEm, and just trying to edit the format to +hi.ytd

• Like 1