Extracted the DDS I want to recolor

Recolored it

Added it back into the YTD and saved out the new version

Opened the new YTD in CodeX and confirm the updated texture is in there

The tree is in levels_3 and also in hd_0

I've updated textures for both as I'm not sure which the game uses

However I can't figure out how to get the game to use the updated YTD

I have LML installed with a font replace mod working, so I know LML works

I've tried about 15 different things - playing around with the install.xml and folder structures - but can't get it working

Any help would be massively appreciated

Does the log indicate replacement? Also if you use the file as streaming and not replacement it should automatically replace the correct one for you if there are multiple.

1 hour ago, LMS said:

Does the log indicate replacement? Also if you use the file as streaming and not replacement it should automatically replace the correct one for you if there are multiple.

I believe the log is recognizing the YTD.

Says "found streaming file" and "added ... as possible streaming replacement for ..."

I've taken everything out of the stream folder and just left the YTD I'm trying to load.

Still not showing in-game though

I know LML and the stream folder works as I had another texture replacement mod & font replacement mod working just fine.

I changed the texture in the YTD by replacing the texture in CodeX and saving out the YTD to the desktop before dropping it into the stream folder. Does this method work?

I've seen tutorials online using Texture Toolkit & RedM but unsure if that is necessary with CodeX

The file I'm trying to replace (p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd) has 2 YTDs with the same filename (one in level_3 and higher def version in hd_0) - will it automatically replace both of them? Could it be replacing the one I'm not using in-game?

I noticed searching for the file in OpenIV, in the search window, the modded versions icon is white (not with the gear symbol on it like the vanilla file) - says "texture dictionary, no"

However, clicking on it, going to the file inside the stream folder, the icon changes to one with the gear on it and it says "type: Texture Dictionary. attributes: resource [version:2]"

Not sure if that's something? I've attached screenshots.

Thanks for the help

Log is below

2023-09-04 16:43:40 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\LoaderMain.cpp:116: Log initialized
2023-09-04 16:43:40 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\LoaderMain.cpp:117: Lenny's Mod Loader Beta Test Version 0.6.8470.31280 - Compiled on Mar 11 2023 17:22:44
2023-09-04 16:43:40 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\LoaderMain.cpp:122: Running RDR2
2023-09-04 16:43:40 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\LoaderMain.cpp:97: Game File Version: 1.0.1491.18
2023-09-04 16:43:41 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\Hooking\Hooking.cpp:44: Found hooking memory at 7ff7a3d20000
2023-09-04 16:43:41 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\LoaderMain.cpp:147: HookFunction::RunAll(): done
2023-09-04 16:43:41 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\LoaderMain.cpp:132: Init done
2023-09-04 16:43:44 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\rdr3\LoaderRdr3.cpp:131: Found streaming file p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd
2023-09-04 16:43:44 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\rdr3\StreamingFilesLoader.cpp:343: Adding addonDLC:/stream/p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd to queue
2023-09-04 16:43:51 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\rdr3\StreamingFilesLoader.cpp:319: Added addonDLC:/stream/p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd as possible streaming replacement for p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd
2023-09-04 16:44:34 INFO  D:\GTA V\vfs\vfs\vfs\rdr3\StreamingFilesLoader.cpp:103: Registered addonDLC:/stream/p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd as p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd with 1ebaa

Could contain: text, screenshot, font, line, number

Could contain: text, line, font, screenshot

Edited by changeallthetime

57 minutes ago, LMS said:

Can you send me your files and where I would expect the change to show up?

Here are the 2 files "p_tree_oak_braith_03+hidr.ytd"

I've included the HQ version from hd_0.rpf too. Put it inside a seperate HD folder as they have the same filename

Download - 19mb so too big to send here

(ignore the roughness of the recolour - I just recoloured it quicky in PS to test in-game)

The change should affect "p_tree_oak_braith_03.ydr"

Bunch of the trees here leading to the Braithwaite Manor

Could contain: plant, grass, landscape, tree, outdoor

Could contain: map, atlas, text

Edited by changeallthetime