Help, Why'ems DLC is not working AT ALL

mabrah59

im sorry if this was answered before, but anytime i select a piece of Why'Em clothing, it just shows nothing, haircuts are the same.

I've installed scripthook, and ASI loader, anything else i need?

Edited by mabrah59

14 hours ago, joebeefhash said:

I would try downloading Lenny's Simple Trainer and dragging the version.dll from the folder into the root folder of RDR2 and try that. 

already did that! 🙂
also thank you for taking time out of your day to help me

No worries, you're welcome. Just don't give up! I've been down this road myself with other mods in the past and it usually turns out to be something simple.

What other mods do you have installed? Have you tried the standard version just for comparisons sake? 

Also, could you copy/paste or upload the "mods" files in the LML folder. Just looking for the mod load order to see if that could be an issue?  

You're using a legit copy as well? 

Edited by joebeefhash

Also, have you tried going to the trapper to see if the majority of items will show up? That's where most items are found but yeah they also have haircuts as well at the barber so you're not wrong for checking there lol.

Also, this is why people should never disable comments on their mods. I can guarantee you it would of been a hotbed of easy fixes from people who've been down the same road. I get that he wants nothing in return and all that but a crappy decision is still a crappy decision. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joebeefhash said:

Also, have you tried going to the trapper to see if the majority of items will show up? That's where most items are found but yeah they also have haircuts as well at the barber so you're not wrong for checking there lol.

Also, this is why people should never disable comments on their mods. I can guarantee you it would of been a hotbed of easy fixes from people who've been down the same road. I get that he wants nothing in return and all that but a crappy decision is still a crappy decision. 

Yeah i went to the trapper, it shows up as items, but they dont show up on my person, like its almost as if its invisible.

27 minutes ago, joebeefhash said:

No worries, you're welcome. Just don't give up! I've been down this road myself with other mods in the past and it usually turns out to be something simple.

What other mods do you have installed? Have you tried the standard version just for comparisons sake? 

Also, could you copy/paste or upload the "mods" files in the LML folder. Just looking for the mod load order to see if that could be an issue?  

You're using a legit copy as well? 

I have the gun spinning mod, the disable invisible snipers, Crime and law rebalance, red dead offline and shiny guns

yeah im using a legit copy,

which LML folder? the one in the directory or the one with the UI executable?

The one in the directory. 

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\lml

There should be a text file called "mods". Right above one called "patterns". You don't have a lot of mods which is good. I've got all of those except for shiny guns and disable invisible snipers, so not sure if they conflict or not. Doesn't seem like they should. But you never know. 

There are a few things I think you should try if you didn't already.

1. Don't change anything at all, simply try it with a fresh save. 

2. If that gives you nothing > THEN uninstall RDO and WHY'ems Dlc.

Only install RDO and launch your game and verify RDO online files are showing up in the catalog.

(I like to test with the Navy Revolver as that is the one that is most apparent if you're not using correct version.dll)

If they are indeed showing up in the catalog and the mod is confirmed working, now exit the game and install WhyEm's Dlc. 
         Make sure when trying all of this you do it on a fresh save. 

Also, there are 3 different editions of WhyEm's. Standard, RDO and some other edition, you got the right one? (I'm sure you do)

Edited by joebeefhash

12 minutes ago, joebeefhash said:

The one in the directory. 

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\lml

There should be a text file called "mods". Right above one called "patterns". You don't have a lot of mods which is good. I've got all of those except for shiny guns and disable invisible snipers, so not sure if they conflict or not. Doesn't seem like they should. But you never know. 

There are a few things I think you should try if you didn't already.

1. Don't change anything at all, simply try it with a fresh save. 

2. If that gives you nothing > THEN uninstall RDO and WHY'ems Dlc.

Only install RDO and launch your game and verify RDO online files are showing up in the catalog.

(I like to test with the Navy Revolver as that is the one that is most apparent if you're not using correct version.dll)

If they are indeed showing up in the catalog and the mod is confirmed working, now exit the game and install WhyEm's Dlc. 
         Make sure when trying all of this you do it on a fresh save. 

Also, there are 3 different editions of WhyEm's. Standard, RDO and some other edition, you got the right one? (I'm sure you do)

i'm pretty sure i have the red dead offline edition of WhyEm's, is that the right one?

here are the screenshots

image_2023-02-21_220231026.png

Screenshot 2023-02-21 220150.png

I see....I think I see. On WhyEm's page it says NOT TO DOWNLOAD with MODLOADER. 

Don't use LML's download manager or any download manager for this mod   

Honestly, I would move away from the ModLoader myself bro and learn to do it manually. I promise you it ain't hard at all. It's actually simpler to be honest because 9 times out of 10 your drag everything to the LML folder and that's it. Every now and then some files might be required also to be in the root directory but the fact that you know where both directories are, I say you can learn easier. You also have one extra folder dealing with that ModLoader that we don't have, and also WhyEm's Dlc said not to use a modloader, how many other mods are out there like that? That's why I stay away from it. Seems to work 99% of the time, it's the 1% that gets you and I think that's going to be your case brother. Let's start working this out and get WhyEm's Dlc working for you. 

3 minutes ago, joebeefhash said:

I see....I think I see. On WhyEm's page it says NOT TO DOWNLOAD with MODLOADER. 

Don't use LML's download manager or any download manager for this mod   

Honestly, I would move away from the ModLoader myself bro and learn to do it manually. I promise you it ain't hard at all. It's actually simpler to be honest because 9 times out of 10 your drag everything to the LML folder and that's it. Every now and then some files might be required also to be in the root directory but the fact that you know where both directories are, I say you can learn easier. You also have one extra folder dealing with that ModLoader that we don't have, and also WhyEm's Dlc said not to use a modloader, how many other mods are out there like that? That's why I stay away from it. Seems to work 99% of the time, it's the 1% that gets you and I think that's going to be your case brother. Let's start working this out and get WhyEm's Dlc working for you. 

is there any way to uninstall the modmanager from the game files?

again thank you very much for helping me

Absolutely, I'm not totally sure exactly how but it should be simple. I'll upload pictures here in a second as well so you can see my folder structure. 

To delete the ModLoader > it should have all the contents in one folder called ModLoader or something very similar, it isn't even required to be in the same folder as the game. I've used it a long time ago while it was in my downloads folder.  It then creates that second LML folder that you have, So you have LML>LML>Various Mods. I just have LML>Various Mods. 

So you should be looking to delete two folders but that's going to delete your mods, so create a backup somewhere just in case.  I even sometimes take screenshots for references and place them into the backup folder. Cover all ends! A backup that you don't where to put is no good! 

Did you mistakenly drag all the contents from the folder directly into your game directory? If so I know an easy trick to fix that.  Could you post one more picture of main game installation folder. 

We can get your folder structure cleaned up and that ModLoader fixed easy. 

Edited by joebeefhash

That's what the LML folder will usually look like. The mods will be inside the first folder, not a second LML folder inside LML.

You see the way my red_dead_offline folder is slightly different than yours? You should be able to open that red_dead_offline_133 folder and inside will be the folder that I have. Folders inside of folders is where people can get confused by when you do it enough you'll start to get the hang of it. 

Untitled.png

Okay, the easy trick to fix dragging the modloader contents in the RDR2 folder.

You'll need to download the modloader again, so that you can COPY THE FILES to the same directory.

It'll ask you if you want to overwrite them.

Say yes.

You'll now noticed all the files from the ModLoader folder are highlighted.

While they are highlighted you can click on one the highlighted items and delete and it should delete all of them so long as they stay highlighted. 

ok so i deleted the LML folder and reinstalled it, along with red dead offline and Why'em, and it looks like its working now!!

thank you so much habibi i actually appreciate having someone tell me in real time what my problems may be

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i'm having a lot of trouble with this also. Not sure if you still comment on here but I'm also trying to install red dead offline as well as the WhyEms offline version. The instructions say to use LML and just drag the mods into the lml folder but when i boot up the game none of the mods work. In my LML folder I dont have the mods or patterns text documents. Did i install something wrong? let me know if you can help me out 🙂

On 2/21/2023 at 6:51 PM, joebeefhash said:

But I'll post a known working folder structure for reference anyways! 

You won't have a lot of those files as a lot of them are mods. Usually indicated by an .asi or .ini

Untitled 2.png

Just curious, because im struggling over some mods right now. your game runs well? I was informed that version.dll and dinput8.dll are incompatible, and it looks like you have lenny's scripthook and alexander blades as well. by all means i wouldnt think this would run.