Teach me how to put other Peds' assets on Arthur

Basically, I want to learn how to take clothing assets from NPCs and put them on Arthur. I know there are already mods that cover this need (like WhyEmDLC), but I want to learn how to do it so that I can use that knowledge to create outfit mods by myself. I have general, rudimentary knowledge about coding so I think I can at least figure out how things work given some time.

Currently, what little knowledge about modding tools and skills that I know are:

- LML, OpenIV, Rampage, Rage PlugIn Hook (downloaded but haven't tried to use)

- I've downloaded several shop_items.ymt files and I guess it's used to replace (or even add?) the clothing items that Arthur can buy in shops. My experience of exploring .ymt character files in OpenIV (found in packs_0.rpf > ... > metapeds.rpf) makes me think .ymt files are for allocating certain attributes (from a repository somewhere) onto character models?

- .ytd files seem to be texture files

- I know that you can export .ymt files from OpenIV into .xml files (then edit them to your liking and put them into LML). I've viewed the .xml version of the .ymt files for character peds by myself in Notepad++ but the problem is I don't know what those hex code names stand for and would love to have some resource that maps out all the codes and what they reference. Also is there any good software for coding automation in these xml files, or do I have no choice but to manually hand type them?

That's about all the things I know. It would be great if someone can teach me further or recommend any relevant tutorials 🙏

Edited by lodgeofturtles
typos

Most npc clothes do not fit on Arthur. Lots of clipping and they are lower quality so not really worth the time imo. If I remember correctly most clothes from online fit together with most of the npc heads so that is something that could be mixed (arthurs head only fits with some of the online clothes). Hats on npcs only fit from singleplayer...

Edited by bojevnik