Police/Sheriff mod

Hi people, yes I know the game isn't even out yet, but I just have a question, I have heard a lot of people saying why would you want a sheriff mod, It's the same thing as Bounty hunting, but I don't agree with that, I always say it's a completely different thing, but I just want to know is it even possible for RDR2 to have a Police/Sheriff mod and if so how will it work do you patrol on your horse and get random activities or when you're at a station someone calls you to help etc. I would like to know if someone has any idea of how this all may work                                                                                                               Best of regards Seargent Boy.L                

• Like 2

Gerelateerde afbeelding

I think one of the most exciting aspects about a new game is that we all don't really know how things will work out and as such will have to figure it out along the way. Changing your model and disabling bounties for you is probably quite easy, but for the more in-depth game mechanics we will have to see what we can do. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yep, as @LMS said, it'll be exciting for us as neither of us have played RDR before and it'll be really fun to come in with a blank slate so to speak and get to work.  Without getting too ahead of ourselves, I think that RDR perhaps offers a richer and more intimate environment than GTA - no cars crashing into you, less people, less buildings, more detail in the built up areas and so on.  This might lend itself to a slightly different type of police mod - maybe there's more of a moral aspect to it like I think there is in RDR where your actions influence how people react to you - a good cop/bad cop kind of thing.

Honestly though, who knows?  That's the fun part.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

This might lend itself to a slightly different type of police mod - maybe there's more of a moral aspect to it like I think there is in RDR where your actions influence how people react to you - a good cop/bad cop kind of thing.

Another thing that comes to mind is having per-town recognition as a deputy, maybe in one town you have proven yourself and the tough outlaws wouldn't dare take you on in a gunfight, and in another, they're laughing at you guns-blazing, you're just another obstacle to them. Could work as a way to have something to work on with your character and progress. But as you say, you have to see what you have to work with.

• Like 3

On 11/4/2019 at 12:38 AM, Sam said:

Yep, as @LMS said, it'll be exciting for us as neither of us have played RDR before and it'll be really fun to come in with a blank slate so to speak and get to work.  Without getting too ahead of ourselves, I think that RDR perhaps offers a richer and more intimate environment than GTA - no cars crashing into you, less people, less buildings, more detail in the built up areas and so on.  This might lend itself to a slightly different type of police mod - maybe there's more of a moral aspect to it like I think there is in RDR where your actions influence how people react to you - a good cop/bad cop kind of thing.

Honestly though, who knows?  That's the fun part.

Okay thanks for replying (all of you) we will just have to wait and see haha 

Gerelateerde afbeelding

On 11/3/2019 at 11:49 PM, Gan Ceann said:

Another thing that comes to mind is having per-town recognition as a deputy, maybe in one town you have proven yourself and the tough outlaws wouldn't dare take you on in a gunfight, and in another, they're laughing at you guns-blazing, you're just another obstacle to them. Could work as a way to have something to work on with your character and progress. But as you say, you have to see what you have to work with.

Sounds pretty neat.  There's a lot of stuff like this that'll be fun to play around with.

I can't wait, honestly.

• Like 2

Something cool will be like the raid to gang camp, like that one mission in story mode, you will see abandoned carriage with two corpse next to it, after you search the place you are trying to find clues that will lead you to the hideout of those bastards. 

image.thumb.png.1abfec4c7fff9814bdf67099f9ef3cb6.png
sorry for bad english

I'd love to see this.

...and, down the line, as with GTA V, female character in the single-player game.  This too, after all, have online creation.

But first, sheriff!  Turn this too into a law-maker 'sim' and I'll be there!