Dead body persistence

SAC

https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/scripts/7907-entity-persistence-keeps-entities-persistent/ this is mod for GTA5 that worked very well. It required "RAGE plugin hook". I know it's for GTA5 but considering RDR2 uses the same engine maybe something similar could be achieved through the same methods that were used for this mod. That's just a far out idea though, and would be well above my knowledge and skills.

13 hours ago, Afriendo said:

https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/scripts/7907-entity-persistence-keeps-entities-persistent/ this is mod for GTA5 that worked very well. It required "RAGE plugin hook". I know it's for GTA5 but considering RDR2 uses the same engine maybe something similar could be achieved through the same methods that were used for this mod. That's just a far out idea though, and would be well above my knowledge and skills.

Here, I found one for RDR2: https://ragepluginhook.net/Downloads.aspx?Hook=1

@AfriendoI did tested a bunch of values aswell. I may help you testing more and more values as we dig the parameters. mind if we add one another in discord so we can get the job done faster ? 

I also bumped up the ped limit, now more corpses are definitely staying around much longer. Some still despawn after a reload. I'm not too sure but i may have found why some corpses do despawn faster than the others. when you loot a corpse, my take is that, the game flag them as unnecessary and tend to despawn them faster than the one who aren't looted yet. Also the horses seems to stay much longer when alive. They however despawn in a similar fashion than the dead corpses. Objects and any other mobile cars definitely stay persistent. I'm trying to find the values related for the blood pools, stains and whatnot. Still currently digging.

I'm definitely sure the persistence system we're looking for is achievable

Here's my discord : 𝕵𝖔𝖓#1998

Edited by Maro
  • Thanks 1

@MaroThat would great! I sent you a friend request on discord. Maybe we can start keeping track of what values we're adjusting and how much we're adjusting them. 

My original theory on how the persistence system is set up in RDR2 is that 1#. The "gameconfig.xml" holds a "PED_POOL" which is the maximum amount of alive/dead peds that can exist in the game world at any given time. #2. "Persistence_constants.meta" is the system that keeps track of these entities,  knows when to spawn them in and out of the game world depending on how far or close you are, and how long the entities need to be remembered for before they can be despawned by the game.

(Test Update)

I haven't tried looting corpses while testing any of these values, and the game still seems to despawn them(at a slower rate than vanilla RDR2 tho).  I'm just wondering if there may be some sort of pool or cache that isn't in the 2 files we have that is effecting despawning.

These are some custom values in "Gameconfig.xml"

<MaxTotalPeds_Base value="300"/>

<MaxTotalPeds value="300"/>

<MaxDeadPedsAroundPlayerInSP value="9999"/>

<MaxGlobalDeadPedsInSP value="9999"/>

and these are some of the values I've changed in "persistence_constants.meta"

<PersistenceDestroyedVehiclesCacheSize value="9999" />

<PersistenceObjectsCacheSize value="9999" /> 

<PersistenceCorpsesCacheSizeSpawned value="9999" /> 

<PersistenceCorpsesCacheSizeToSpawn value="9999"

<PersistenceCorpsesSaveGameSizeBytes value="99999"

<PersistenceScenariosCacheSizeSpawned value="9999" />

<PersistenceScenariosCacheSizeToSpawn value="9999" />

<PersistenceScenariosCacheSizeScriptRequested value="512"

<PersistenceScenariosSaveGameSizeBytes value="999999999" />

<PersistenceScenariosSaveGameSizeBytesMP value="999999999" />

<NumHoursToRememberHumanCorpseInTown value="9999" />

<NumHoursToRememberHumanCorpseOnRoad value="9999"

<NumHoursToRememberHumanCorpseCloseToRoad value="9999

<NumHoursToRememberHumanCorpseBetweenTownAndWilderness value="9999."

<NumHoursToRememberHumanCorpseInWilderness value="9999." />
  <NumHoursToRememberAnimalCorpseInTown value="9999." />
  <NumHoursToRememberAnimalCorpseOnRoad value="9999." />
  <NumHoursToRememberAnimalCorpseCloseToRoad value="9999." />
  <NumHoursToRememberAnimalCorpseBetweenTownAndWilderness value="9999." />
  <NumHoursToRememberAnimalCorpseInWilderness value="9999." />
  <PedLeftVehicleTrackAfterTimeMinutes value="999999" />
  <NumHoursToRememberVehicleInTown value="9999" />
  <NumHoursToRememberVehicleOnRoad value="9999" />
  <NumHoursToRememberVehicleCloseToRoad value="9999" />
  <NumHoursToRememberVehicleBetweenTownAndWilderness value="9999" />
  <NumHoursToRememberVehicleInWilderness value="9999" />

<fDistanceForCorpseSpawn value="240.000000" />

<fDistanceForCorpseRemoval value="999999.000000"

<fDistanceForVehicleSpawn value="240.000000" />
  <fDistanceForVehicleRemoval value="500.000000" />
  <fDistanceForObjectSpawn value="130.000000" />
  <fDistanceForObjectRemoval value="500.000000" />
  <fDistanceForScenarioPropSpawn value="100.000000" />
  <fDistanceForScenarioPropRemoval value="500.000000" />
  <fDistanceForScenarioHideSpawn value="100.000000" />
  <fDistanceForScenarioHideRemoval value="500.000000" />
  <fExtraDistanceForMovingCorpseRelease value="999999.000000" />

<fMaxVelocityToConsiderCorpseStable value="0.100000" />

Let me know if there's other values and pools I should be adjusting to test?

@Maro@SACalso. I haven't looked very thoroughly at these, but it looked like there was some interesting things in 

taskdata.meta

persistentcharacters.meta

densityscoringconfigs.meta

PopZoneSpawnerManager.meta

scavengerdispatchmanagertunables.meta 

collisionscannertuning.meta

persistence_model_aging.meta

vehicles.meta

randomevents.ymt

@AfriendoSurprinsigly i tested those values aswell I feel like there's other parameters we must dig more into to be able to achieve consistent persistence.

persistence_model_aging.meta i would assume is the one responsible of the decaying of some values related to the corpses ? There atleast 6 stages of decomposition 

and the last one would be the bones, apparently that one don't despawn, if my theory is correct, try to spawn skeletons or try to get a dead body to decay enough, then see if it's despawning. if it doesn't then we could have clearer answers as to know how to keep bodies in the world but there's one tricky part.. They must age, because some corpses despawn before even entering the decaying stages.

scavengerdispatchmanagertunables.meta  seems interesting, possibly any events that occurs with the bodies, vultures phase etc ? I'm taking a wild guess here..

persistence_model_aging.meta > Related to the decaying system ? Considering it's name, haven't digged into it just yet

we should make sure to increase the ped pool just incase

Edited by Maro

On 2/11/2022 at 5:59 AM, Maro said:

persistence_model_aging.meta > Related to the decaying system ? Considering it's name, haven't digged into it just yet

Likely. I have tried shortening the decay durations there but so far I've been unable to get a dead body to decompose

My Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods: SAC - LoversLab

On the same topic, I've whipped up this mod before going away, and decoupled it from my other code today. Check it out, see if it's worth pursuing.

What it does is to set up a "mass grave" location. NPCs will randomly and automatically pick up dead bodies, carry them to the mass grave site, and dump them there.

You can also use NUM6 (not F6) while focusing on a live NPC to make it stop whatever it's doing, pick up the nearest corpse and carry it to the site.

So far there is only one site configured, in Valentine, the pig farm behind the sheriff's office. If this mod gets traction, and if I have the time, I can (probably, no idea how, but can probably figure it out) add a dynamic list of sites that we can crowdsource the coordinates for.

Please note that the mod will generate an ever-growing (although slowly) log file. Please delete manually if it gets too large. 

Also, please report here if you notice any of the bugs described in this file comment. I am running a lot of personal code and I have been trying for a month to track down that issue, still can't figure it out.

Also, please report if you get occasional stuttering. In my testing I haven't had any significant performance issues, but it helps keeping an eye out.

SAC dead body removal.asi SAC_dead_body_removal.ini

@SACVery interesting ! Will take a look at it. Still tweaking the values in the parameters to get the body more persistent but no luck so far.. still very inconsistent.

I'm missing something or the engine has set limit that we cannot extend. either way, i'm still testing. 

I’m confused why there are 2 downloads of the ASI file and 5 of the INI, so maybe worth specifying: both files need to be downloaded and placed into the RDR main folder (like with any other script mod)

@SACany news with the bodies persistence, so far ?

PS for the pickup mod you proposed, Could you tweak it so only the dispatched marshals pickup the corpses and not simply other npcs !

I feel that would feel way better in term of immersion. that would absolutely fix the issue i mentioned a few post ago. Now they do have a goal thanks to your mod !

Also i absolutely agree with the idea of having dynamic locations aswell and not just the pig farms in valentine.

Thank you for your effort 🙂

Edited by Maro
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maro said:

@SACany news with the bodies persistence, so far ?

PS for the pickup mod you proposed, Could you tweak it so only the dispatched marshals pickup the corpses and not simply other npcs !

I feel that would feel way better in term of immersion. that would absolutely fix the issue i mentioned a few post ago. Now they do have a goal thanks to your mod !

Also i absolutely agree with the idea of having dynamic locations aswell and not just the pig farms in valentine.

Thank you for your effort 🙂

Tweaking any persistence parameters is not on my schedule for the foreseeable future. 

what are the “dispatched marshals”? Is there a model name for them? (like a_m_m_marshal_something)

At best I will make this “restriction” a configurable option. I like the general NPCs cleaning up. 

@SACYeah adding the marshalls as a configurable option is a good idea. And i think they do have a model name. But i was talking about the general police pedsn really, not just the pinkerton or specific marshals. the one who already pick up the corpse in vanialla should do the trick

3 minutes ago, Maro said:

@SACYeah adding the marshalls as a configurable option is a good idea. And i think they do have a model name. But i was talking about the general police pedsn really, not just the pinkerton or specific marshals. the one who already pick up the corpse in vanialla should do the trick

I understand what you mean but I need specific model names to implement this feature 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...