Changing the font when drawing text

hasnay765

I tried using the methods in this post 

but the "COLOR_STRING" in the second DRAW_TEXT statement makes the text invisible, and not appear on my screen. Changing it to "LITERAL_STRING" fixes the issue, but the font doesn't change. Also, in the post I linked above, the recommended solution passes four arguments into _CREATE_VAR_STRING, but it says that's too many arguments when I copy paste it directly. How would I go about changing the font?

Edited by hasnay765

Those natives are outdated, but as long as you have them in your natives.h the solution you linked should work. But you could try using the up to date natives VAR_STRING and BG_DISPLAY_TEXT I think, and see if that works.

18 hours ago, crossed99 said:

Those natives are outdated, but as long as you have them in your natives.h the solution you linked should work. But you could try using the up to date natives VAR_STRING and BG_DISPLAY_TEXT I think, and see if that works.

sorry i forgot to mention, but i have been using the updated natives. whenever i do bg_display_text with “COLOR_TEXT” it doesn’t show up, only with LITERAL_TEXT and obviously with literal text it doesn’t affect the font.

Edited by hasnay765

Tbh I didn't bother to update my natives in a while, I use somewhat outdated ones. Using the above method works for me using these, so unless someone can help, you can try adding these your natives:

static void _DISPLAY_TEXT(const char* text, float xPos, float yPos) { invoke<Void>(0xD79334A4BB99BAD1, text, xPos, yPos); }
template<typename... Args> static const char* VAR_STRING(int flags, Args... args) { return invoke<const char*>(0xFA925AC00EB830B9, flags, args...); }

Edited by crossed99

On 12/27/2021 at 1:48 AM, crossed99 said:

Tbh I didn't bother to update my natives in a while, I use somewhat outdated ones. Using the above method works for me using these, so unless someone can help, you can try adding these your natives:

static void _DISPLAY_TEXT(const char* text, float xPos, float yPos) { invoke<Void>(0xD79334A4BB99BAD1, text, xPos, yPos); }
template<typename... Args> static const char* VAR_STRING(int flags, Args... args) { return invoke<const char*>(0xFA925AC00EB830B9, flags, args...); }

ill try it thanks a lot for the help

Edited by hasnay765