<SOLVED> Health bar stuck at ~10% (PDO mod)

SwoleLobster

Hi everyone!
New guy here.

I played through RDR2 a few months ago - what a game!

For my second play through, I wanted to take it slower, go find all the dino bones, treasure maps, etc.

I got some mods to make the experience more fun and set off.

I'm only 3 missions into Chapter 2 but I noticed that my health bar is stuck at about 10% of capacity.

The bar still grows when I make kills with the bow, etc.,  but when I take health items, it never fills up to the max potential.

I took a miracle tonic just before the screen shot to demonstrate.

The stamina and deadeye bars max out and fortify but health will not.

Like I mentioned, I added quite a few mods, but none that deal directly with health - that I know of.

I tried disabling all mods, deleting the trainer, and putting everything back to normal, but it still happened.

I also tried loading saved games from my previous play through where I used zero mods, same thing.

All I can think is that I did something to modify a core file somewhere.

The only thing I haven't done is delete the game and reinstall. Hoping to avoid that...

Do you folks have any ideas what could be causing this issue??

Thanks so much!

healthbar.JPG

modlist.JPG

Edited by SwoleLobster

Did you modify any of the mods config files?

If so, in PDO config, check if the PlayerHealth option is disabled. This one was a bit buggy and Im not sure if it was still present in v1.56.

Other than that, did you play around with the trainer? Also I dont know what the law rebalance and red dead offline does exactly - the other ones sound like they dont touch anything concerning health values.

@HughJanus

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Hugh. Day jobs, amirite? lol...

Anyway, you were correct! Thank you!
PDO is causing the issue! I hadn't thought of that.
I found out by setting up a hotkey to disable the mod in-game and sure enough, when turned off, my health bar started to fill up normally.

The PlayerHealth option was/is disabled already - set to 0 - so I'm not sure what parameter is causing the issue EXACTLY but at least it's narrowed down to this particular mod, I'll do a thorough look through the config file and see what could be causing it.

If I can't fix it, I may have to go with PDO Lite vs the Standard version I'm using. I don't think Lite modifies the Player health at all, just NPCs. I love the Standard version features though.

P.S.
Red Dead Offline adds a bunch of RD Online content to Story Mode and Law Rebalance takes a stab at reconciling RDR2's sometimes bizarre Wanted system. It also makes Lawmen and Pinkertons more worthy opponents.
https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/569

• SwoleLobster changed the title to <SOLVED> Health bar stuck at ~10% (PDO mod)

UPDATE: Found the issue.

The PED Damage Overhaul mod can't find the mod's .ini file when the mod is loaded via Lenny's Mod Manager.

I moved the .asi and .ini files for the mod from the /lml folder and put them in the /RDR2 folder like a normal manual mod install and it works fine now. Toggling the mod on/off now locates the .ini file.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by SwoleLobster
Minor clarifications.
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I know the topic is fairly old, but I’m glad I found it. I also had this issue and noticed it was PDO. I didn’t realize when LML installed it that it installed all three folders of the mod. It made me wonder why NPC’s were glitched and “dancing” during missions.