[Unofficial] Troubleshooting Guide For Non-Working Mods

WesternGamer

40 minutes ago, nickknakk said:

i did that and it did not work it gets downloaded as a rar file i change it to a asi file and it becomes a notpad

@nickknakk You need 7 zip. What you downloaded was a folder that was compressed and you need to decompress it. It is basically a different type of zip file. You can download the program with this link: https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2107-x64.exe If you need help decompressing the file, I can decompress it for you.

Edited by WesternGamer

1 hour ago, WesternGamer said:

@nickknakk You need 7 zip. What you downloaded was a folder that was compressed and you need to decompress it. It is basically a different type of zip file. You can download the program with this link: https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2107-x64.exe If you need help decompressing the file, I can decompress it for you.

thank you mr. creator i will try this and get back to you

1 hour ago, WesternGamer said:

sorry creator but it did not work is there antrhing else i can do

20 minutes ago, nickknakk said:

i did it and it opened as a wordpad not a notepad

@nickknakkYou are not supposed to open the files. The game should automatically load the mod for you. If the mod does not load, then you will need to install rdr2 scripthook. You can download it here: http://www.dev-c.com/files/ScriptHookRDR2_1.0.1436.25.zip

Also if you were trying to extract the files, don't do that. The files were already extracted. Also if are not sure what you are doing, just tell me so I can assist you better.

Edited by WesternGamer

On 3/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, WesternGamer said:

@nickknakkYou are not supposed to open the files. The game should automatically load the mod for you. If the mod does not load, then you will need to install rdr2 scripthook. You can download it here: http://www.dev-c.com/files/ScriptHookRDR2_1.0.1436.25.zip

Also if you were trying to extract the files, don't do that. The files were already extracted. Also if are not sure what you are doing, just tell me so I can assist you better.

i know like i said it was my dickhead brother and i also have scripthook and it was working before he changed it

Edited by nickknakk

7 minutes ago, nickknakk said:

i know like i said it was my dickhead brother and i also have scripthook and it was working before he changed it

@nickknakk If you are saying that scripthook is not working, I would recommend reinstalling Scripthook.

34 minutes ago, nickknakk said:

ya i did that sorry it did not work

Are you able to give me a image of the game directory? I might be able to see the error that you made.

Also I updated the guide so I would recommend checking the guide again.

Take your time, I am not in a rush and you probably have more important things to take care of.

Edited by WesternGamer

I need some help.

Version.dll causes the game to crash at the very beginning. It crashes with or without dinput8.dll, it doesn't matter. I downloaded LML already and it's working, however I can't use mods that require version.dll. I have "Pimp my horse" (latest version) mod installed and you may already know it requires version.dll, but the file also contains a few asi loaders or hooks(idk exactly what type of files they are) like easyhook.dll. The game launches with version.dll if I delete nativeinterop.dll (a file from pimp my horse), but I won't hear the beeping sound, so the mod won't load. Does version.dll require the files from pimp my horse to run? Because without those files the game won't even start. I use the latest version of lenny's asi loader (version.dll) as well.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what to do.

Here's my log:
[INFO] Scanning C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\RDR2\Red.Dead.Redemption.2.v1436.28\Red Dead Redemption 2\LennysSimpleTrainer
[INFO] Found plugin PimpMyHorse.dll
[INFO] PimpMyHorse 0.4 by LMS & Sam.
[INFO] > www.mod-rdr.com
[INFO] Loaded PimpMyHorse.dll
[INFO] Waiting for game start
[INFO] HookManager::Initialize
[INFO] Scanning C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\RDR2\Red.Dead.Redemption.2.v1436.28\Red Dead Redemption 2\LennysSimpleTrainer
[INFO] Found plugin PimpMyHorse.dll
[INFO] PimpMyHorse 0.4 by LMS & Sam.
[INFO] > www.mod-rdr.com
[INFO] Loaded PimpMyHorse.dll

After this the game crashes.

Edited by idek

Hi. Maybe the scripthook or asiloader doesn't work with most recent update ? Begin to have some issues with 1.28 but manage to resolve when i reinstall mods (only Fix Graphical issue and FOV)

Unfortunately my games crash , surely from installation of update 1.436.31 today (don't manage to find any patch note about this on the internet -_-). So my games crashes if i let dinput8.dll in my game root file. 

Have a solution like rollback from previous version (it is possible ? ) or wait for an asi loader update ?

Thanks for help and job for modding 🙂 .

2 hours ago, Pimousse said:

Hi. Maybe the scripthook or asiloader doesn't work with most recent update ? Begin to have some issues with 1.28 but manage to resolve when i reinstall mods (only Fix Graphical issue and FOV)

Unfortunately my games crash , surely from installation of update 1.436.31 today (don't manage to find any patch note about this on the internet -_-). So my games crashes if i let dinput8.dll in my game root file. 

Have a solution like rollback from previous version (it is possible ? ) or wait for an asi loader update ?

If you're using Rockstar Launcher you cannot rollback nor stop the update it appears.

If you're using Steam, just google how to rollback RDR2 on Steam, you should be able to find it. Can't guarantee it works though

2 hours ago, Pimousse said:

I believe im having the same problem, as soon as i put dinput8.dll into my game folder the game refuses to boot up past the rockstar loading screen that appears before the actual game loading screen

3 hours ago, Drexille said:

If you're using Rockstar Launcher you cannot rollback nor stop the update it appears.

If you're using Steam, just google how to rollback RDR2 on Steam, you should be able to find it. Can't guarantee it works though

Thx but epic games store and i think that this doesnt work anymore unfortunately even on steam...

Thinks just to wait update for asiloader dinput8.dll is the only way

3 hours ago, Das Ben said:

I believe im having the same problem, as soon as i put dinput8.dll into my game folder the game refuses to boot up past the rockstar loading screen that appears before the actual game loading screen

Yes certainely update 1.31 submited today according to steamdatabase https://steamdb.info/depot/1174184/manifests/ who make the asiloader don't works.

Forget to cancel auto update and cannot rollback so screwed i think -_-

Just now, Das Ben said:

https://www.rdr2mods.com/downloads/rdr2/tools/9-rdr-2-asi-loader/
https://www.rdr2mods.com/downloads/rdr2/tools/76-lennys-mod-loader-rdr/

both the asi loader and lml have been updated for .31 it seems, everything works again for me 🙂

@Das Ben Yes, these mods need to be updated.