[Unofficial] Troubleshooting Guide For Non-Working Mods

WesternGamer

@R2400 I have to go to sleep early today which is not normal for a Friday. . Sorry that I was unable to give a mod configuration for you today but you will get it tomorrow afternoon in Est time. I can't do one in the morning as I am busy in the morning. Sometimes the unexpected comes up and you have to deal with it.

Edited by WesternGamer

I managed to fix it. Both why em's and red dead offline is working. @WesternGamer Sorry to waste your time bro but thanks for helping.

@Stupter1 I fixed it by giving the whole rdr2 folder read/write perimission and turning off my anti virus for that folder. Might be the same problem with yours. I had one ctd so far, i am just gonna run around for a bit to see if the crash was a one off or conflicts with why em's and red dead offline.  

8 hours ago, WesternGamer said:

@R2400 You should, as some mods generate files and read from config files. This is very important for lml or it will not work. Did not take in account Antivirus software as mine did not block the files. Also you may need to unblock the file in the file's file properties window through explorer. Unblock by checking Unblock and clicking OK. This only applies to .dll and .asi files. Totally forgot about that. If that fixes the issue, then sorry for wasting your time.

Wasnt it already late afternoon for you just woke up?

8 hours ago, R2400 said:

I managed to fix it. Both why em's and red dead offline is working. @WesternGamer Sorry to waste your time bro but thanks for helping.

@Stupter1 I fixed it by giving the whole rdr2 folder read/write perimission and turning off my anti virus for that folder. Might be the same problem with yours. I had one ctd so far, i am just gonna run around for a bit to see if the crash was a one off or conflicts with why em's and red dead offline.  

maybe it will work but lets keep western here if it not workin for me

9 hours ago, R2400 said:

@R2400 Thanks for reporting that you fixed the issue. It is totally fine that you fixed it by yourself. 

15 hours ago, WesternGamer said:

@R2400 You should, as some mods generate files and read from config files. This is very important for lml or it will not work. Did not take in account Antivirus software as mine did not block the files. Also you may need to unblock the file in the file's file properties window through explorer. Unblock by checking Unblock and clicking OK. This only applies to .dll and .asi files. Totally forgot about that. If that fixes the issue, then sorry for wasting your time.

hey um i wanted to change read only in rdr2 but it keep reverting cant disable read only tried every method, have you got an outstanding method?

@Stupter1 I am not sure what you mean. What I did to change it is clicked on the rdr2 file on file explorer. Then went to properties and then to the security tab. Then press edit, and click on the full control and press apply. This should do the job. Let me know how it goes. 

2 hours ago, WesternGamer said:

@Stupter1 I changed the instructions on the topic based on the experience from helping R2400 so look there for updated instructions.

i did the full control thing but not workinggg its changing back everytime, thats why i said any outstanding solution

Edited by Stupter1

On 9/11/2021 at 12:53 PM, WesternGamer said:

@Stupter1 I changed the instructions on the topic based on the experience from helping R2400 so look there for updated instructions.

Is there any way you'd be able to help me too? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm only using 3 mods right now:

- Open All Interiors

- CutDialogueRestorationandEnhancement2.1

- Fast Walk Camp

I downloaded all the files from those mods into the root folder and also the ASI loader (version.dll from 07/14). Other than that the only change I've made is added the "bin" folder for the scripthook download you've linked above. I haven't made any other changes. Yet when I start the game none of the mods work (can't open unopenable doors or run in camp).

• 1 month later...

Hey you seem like you know a bit about LML. Can you help me figure out why this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/598?tab=description  no longer works in LML?

It used to work when we still had stream/replace folders, but now it no longer works. It is my favorite mod for the game so I have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. Someone mentioned that the stream/replace features no longer work because the author of LML made it so only XML files will work. Becasue even if I make a stream folder, it does not work. Can you please help me?

• Cyan pinned this topic
On 10/24/2021 at 1:18 PM, SugaryPhoenixxx said:

Hey you seem like you know a bit about LML. Can you help me figure out why this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/598?tab=description  no longer works in LML?

It used to work when we still had stream/replace folders, but now it no longer works. It is my favorite mod for the game so I have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. Someone mentioned that the stream/replace features no longer work because the author of LML made it so only XML files will work. Becasue even if I make a stream folder, it does not work. Can you please help me?

@SugaryPhoenixxx Sorry for replying late, but I will try to help you fix the issue.

Edit: Can you install this mod? 

The mod page for Online Horses and coats 2.0 says that you need this mod for this to work. Remove dinput8.dll when installing this mod.

If that did not work, try the converted mod attached.

Online Horses and coats 2.0.zip

Edited by WesternGamer

I have a problem that may or may not be LML.  I have made map changes in the mod editor that worked fine as .xml files, loaded by the editor. When changed to .ymap files and put into LML/stream folder, nothing shows up.  I test this by eliminating all from LML/stream except my five .ymap files. Then I rode around to each location and saw no sign of the buffalo, cattle, or people that I had created.  Any idea why?

fresh installation of game, put only scripthook, version and asi loader. put reddeadoffline in lml and doesn't work.

trainer from asi works fine, and alos anothe mod whyem clothes, in lml folder, works fine, except read dead offline

• 1 month later...

When testing LML you said if we DO see it, something's wrong, right? I *see the intro change* with the test, extracted in the lml folder. the modloader can't see that the game is running, though.

Edited by netcore100

3 minutes ago, netcore100 said:

When testing LML you said if we DO see it, something's wrong, right? I see the intro change with the test, extracted in the lml folder. the modloader can't see that the game is running, i have an asi loader and everything. Does this not work with the epic games version?

@netcore100 Yes, but it means that lml itself is not the issue so that means the mods that depend on lml have an issue. 

All tips to fix version.dll problem from guide and comments are not working for me.

Funny, because earlier my version.dll worked just fine with scripthook.
My list of mods:
--ASI mods--
Lenny mod loader

Rampage trainer

No black bars
--LML mods--

Gun metal rework

John Marston Restoration Project
Legend of the west calatog addon (working only with rhodes shop)

No Forced Scope
Some files in replace and stream folder (tried to delete them, not fixed my problem, so forget it)

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, nickknakk said:

my dickhead of a brother changed the ASI file to a rar file as notpad then i renamed it to an asi wich did not work when it worked before can someone help

@nickknakk If the file was edited before you renamed it to a asi file, you need to download the mod again.

29 minutes ago, WesternGamer said:

@nickknakk If the file was edited before you renamed it to a asi file, you need to download the mod again.

i did that and it did not work it gets downloaded as a rar file i change it to a asi file and it becomes a notpad