Simple question to modders from new guy

r6751

I'm so new that when I started playing with mods, I didn't know what a PED was. I never played GTA, so needed to know. Thanks for the information, to they one who responded.

Now I have questions regarding the map editor. I've made a few that worked as .xml files. I was able to save from the editor as .ymap files, but not always. Sometimes (often) the game freezes at that point.  Any idea why?

Next, I put a few .ymap files into my LML\stream folder, seeing that there are several of them, I wonder if .ymap files all load in together, or just one of them. I'm trying to do simple things like put some buffalos out there, some cows, a few people in towns. Each of these ideas were saved into new .ymap files.  

Should they all load and my 'creations' be in place?  

The map editor also uses the term groups and allows adjusting how each group reacts to others. Does this mess up any groups already existing in the Story game?  I just don't know enough to use things properly. I know enough to be dangerous!