ScriptHookRDR2 reloading scripts

SideniuS

Has anyone else had problems reloading scrips with AB ScriptHook? I have added the ScriptHookRDR2.dev file in the root folder, but when I press CTRL+R in-game I hear the Windows notification sound once when deactivating scripts, and 3 times when activating it (maybe this is how it should be?). Anyway, the scripts don't reload the second time and every script stops working until I restart the game. I'm thinking it might have something to do with folder permissions and such, I've changed them in the folder properties and tried running the game as administrator with no success. I checked the log file and it seems like it only registers the loader.asi script when reloading, whereas all the other scripts are loaded only when the game starts. Does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong?

That was indeed the issue, you're a freaking legend man! I got the new version.dll and also deleted the dinput8.dll and it is now working. Just a heads up, the download on the ASI loader page doesn't work (at least not for me), the zip archive seems to be damaged somehow. Someone replied with the files in the comment thread so I got them from there. Thanks a lot!

• 7 months later...

Yes, triple beep will play when everything is loaded. And readme.txt tells "You must have the call to scriptUnregister() SDK func in
    your plugin's DllMain in order reloading feature to work correctly". Maybe your plugins have no call to the fucntion?

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2021 at 4:48 AM, LMS said:

You might be using an older version of my version.dll asi loader which interferes with script reloading since they are loaded twice.

I been testing my mod's new update and im wondering if my scriptHookRDR2.DEV is fully working.

I press ctrl R to disable and then again to reenable but i get no beeps i can see my mods are being loaded and unloaded so i think its working ok.

Im using only the dinput8.dll from (July 18th, 2021) and running about 40 mods and have no issues with them.

My mod im testing (Bandit Hideouts) im running into an issue with a hideout not showing, im wondering if the dinput8.dll version im

using is influencing what's being loaded as in the mod is not being fully loaded when i use the scriptHookRDR2.DEV ingame?

Should i try the latest version of the dinput8.dll and see if that changes anything or does it matter?

Im not using version.dll just the dinput8.dll

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 125 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

I don't think your mod is only partially loaded, but it is possible that perhaps your previous version does some changes to the game world that then affect the mod being reloaded. Does it work for you when you do a clean game restart?

Getting back to you, thanks for your reply, i got this sorted on monday, there was nothing wrong except for the

code in one of the scripts in the mod itself, the scriptHookRDR2.DEV was working fine.

My issue was not that the scripts in the mod and theres about 130+ of them weren't working, just

the placement of some of the code for hideouts wasn't being read because there is 2 other scripts that

work with one script that had the code for them in the wrong areas so because of that most of the hideouts

werent even spawning in bandits.

Ya i did clean restart and everything got same results but again its sorted we know what the issue was and fixed it,

and everything is working fine now.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 125 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, Krokx said:

How do you add the ScriptHookRDR2.dev file?

Download it from my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18s-Ujjtpl0uLPKiceAKsiu6nrZ6M8bon/view?usp=sharing

put it in the main directory --->  C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2

same place as the RDR2.exe.

Once ingame you can use it to disable all your mods at once to test something.

So all you need to do is just press ctrl R to disable all your mods, and then press ctrl R again to re-enable them.

I use this for testing new hideouts for my Bandit Hideouts mod, i disable the mod and then add an updated version of the mod's .ASI file

and then reenable it and i can then test it, all i use it for.

So if you wanted to add another mod, or take out a mod while ingame then use the Scripthook dev, it will

allow you to stay ingame, as it takes a while to get the game started up again, i do this multiple times when working on my mod,

so it saves me a ton of time.

Hope that helps!

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

Thanks a lot. I'm not a modder myself, but I would like to use this function to check what mods cause troubles. So yes it saves a lot of time when you can unload and load some mods and check them ingame. Even better would be a menu with checkboxes to unload/load the scripts. But that's never gonna happen, I guess because Alexander Blade doesn't work on the Scripthook anymore. And the Scripthook V2 from Kepmehz doesn't load my saves with all the mods. 

Thank you very much for your help. I remember you from Operation Flashpoint or ArmA, is that right?

Welcome!

Check the nexus for tools for mod menus i know theres a couple there, idk about here havent looked.

Ya Depends which Arma but im mostly in Arma 3 these days, i post a video everyweek on my Arma 3 channel too.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

@Gunter Severloh     By mod menus you mean trainers like Rampage? Because I didn't find any "mod menus" under tools on Nexus.

Also I have a question concerning your bandit hideouts mod. I'm using crossed's AMJM Transport mod since a long time. But AFAIK your mod is an expanded version of the bandits features from crossed. So how could I combine AMJM Transport and your mod, so that they don't interfere?

Edited by Krokx

2 hours ago, Krokx said:

By mod menus you mean trainers like Rampage?

No, actual tools that you can load and unload mods.

2 hours ago, Krokx said:

So how could I combine AMJM Transport and your mod, so that they don't interfere?

For compatibility between mods, if your also using AMJM Transport mod then go into the AMJMTransport.ini
and look for the following codes and set them as you see below:

// BANDITS SETTINGS //
PERSISTENT_HIDEOUTS=0
RANDOM_BANDIT_ATTACKS=0   
RANDOM_ROAMING_BANDITS=0

Those setting will disable hideouts, the bandit posse (bandits on horseback), and the roaming bandits in AMJM Transport.

Leave them enabled in the Bandit Hideouts.ini though as that ini will be read instead of the
AMJM Transport for just those settings. The remaining settings for the AMJM is all the wagon and other
features so those wont interfere as they all have been disabled in the code for Bandit Hideouts.

Any other questions i have a Questions and Answers Article seen here for the mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/articles/267

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

Thank you for providing the info. I didn't know you made a Q&A part of your mod, which generally described everything. I don't know if this is the right place to write, but I gave you mod yesterday a try. I set the above mentioned settings in AMJM Transport ini to 0 and set up your mod and made some adjustment in your ini file. Generally I toned down a little bit everything. 

I like your version of bandit hideouts, it's a better version of what AMJM already has got, but the problem is, that every time I get in combat with the bandit hideouts the game begins to lag and stutter. I know for sure it's your mod since I made a comparison. I attacked Fort Mercer with your mod and cleared it out (with stuttering) and then deleted your mod, enabled the three settings in AMJM again and attacked the Fort Mercer again. Combat was very similar but I had no stutters at all. 

Maybe it's somehow conflicting with AMJM? Or is it the additional reinforcement features? I don't know but I know for sure that it causes stutters and lags. I run the game with a LOT of mods (50 asi mods and 25 lml mods) and it doesn't stutter at all. As soon as I install your mod it stutters. Only in combat with the bandit hideouts.

(I made a second try in Solomon's Folly with the same result.) Do you have an idea what could be the issue?

10 hours ago, Krokx said:

Do you have an idea what could be the issue?

I'm running about 40+ mods myself thats both .asi and lml but i dont use AMJM i think AMJM is your issue, as when i play

with Bandit Hideouts the game is smooth for me.

AMJM Transport has about 35 hideouts in it, thats where crossed stopped with it, in Bandit Hideouts, i have the same hideouts plus

60 more which i built since release, and another 5 more coming for the upcoming update.

There maybe some issues with Bandit Hideouts in relation to AMJM as BH has been updated in different areas of the code since

its release in May, there have been some functions in BH that have been reported not to be working

(hideouts, posse on horseback, roaming bandits, hired guns, and zombies)

work fine, and some other misc functions, so it depends.

AMJM and BH share alot of the same code, because BH is literally a copy of AMJM Transport just with all the scripts, and various things

for wagons and such are disabled in BH, but BH is upgraded so yes there can be conflicts, but there could be other mods your running

that could also be interfering too.

Also the number of reinforcements or even bandit numbers could influence performance, i normally play with

the default numbers which is min 13 and max 23 and so many reinforcements, since your playing with about 75 mods i would look

at what your running that could be interfering, if theres any mods that changes ped behavior, or spawns peds, or something of the like

then it could be the issue, idk.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

Thanks for answering. 

Is there a chance to implement BH into AMJM i cooperation with crossed?

I understand that when I run AMJM.asi and BH.asi and both share a lot of the same code it could cause some stutters. 

Are some features that are in BH also working in AMJM? I.e. if I would add the line in the ini which defines if the random roaming bandits would attack on sight into AMJM.ini would it work? I mean is there the function in AMJM but there is missing the line in the ini? 

(I hope you understand what I'm trying to do. I try to import as many functions from BH into AMJM without causing the stutters.)

41 minutes ago, Krokx said:

Is there a chance to implement BH into AMJM i cooperation with crossed?

i'm lucky as it is to get crossed helping me when he can with code for BH.

Theres so much code, and alot of scripts we updated all over the place since end of April, then too since im updating BH

about twice a month depending, crossed would have to update AMJM too, so its not worth the effort.

Dont think he would be interested i mean hes already busy as it is so he really has little time to do what he already does.

46 minutes ago, Krokx said:

Are some features that are in BH also working in AMJM? I.e. if I would add the line in the ini which defines if the random roaming bandits would attack on sight into AMJM.ini would it work? I mean is there the function in AMJM but there is missing the line in the ini? 

Good questions, ideally this conversation should be on the Bandit Hideouts thread not here, but i'll answer for now.

1. AMJM still has bandit hideouts but only the first 35 or 36 that crossed built, in BH i had updated some of them, and fixed some formatting and other stuff.

2. All the bandit features in AMJM are the same as in BH but in BH their all upgraded with more functions, along with 60+ more hideouts,

hence BH is the standalone (copy) of all the bandit features/functions of AMJM that was my idea and crossed and i put it together, and disabled

everything else in the copy that AMJM is known for like the wagons and such.

So yes and no they are working, in AMJM you still have the following:

- Bandit hideouts (about 35 of them)

- Posse bandits on horseback (these are the guys that chase you, but this was upgraded in BH a little i increased their spawn distance).

- Random roaming bandits (this was upgraded in BH with a setting that allows them to attack you on sight).

- Hired gunmen (this was upgraded in BH with settings for voices, and some other things).

- Zombies (we havent done anything with zombies that i recall, so it should be the same in AMJM).

If I would add the line in the ini which defines if the random roaming bandits would attack on sight into AMJM.ini would it work?

I mean is there the function in AMJM but there is missing the line in the ini? 

3. The random roaming bandits ini code wont work because there are scripts in BH that were updated that are not updated in AMJM for the same scripts.

We had updated the code a couple of times so no the ini code wouldn't do anything because there is also a settings.h script that enables those settings

in the ini to work which are absent in the settings.h for AMJM.

Even if you added those codes for the settings in the settings.h script for the ini to work in AMJM for that feature, there is other scripts in AMJM

that would need to be updated for that feature to even work, and the thing is theres a ton of code and a few scripts involved, its not really simple.

==============

Personally if you want both mods to work together, i would do this if i were in your position:

1. Make a copy of your directory with all the mods in it, put it in a safe place.

2. Remove all mods other then AMJM and BH from the directory and then test, without anything else interfering you'll

have a definite answer if both mods are conflicting or not.

Again i dont play with AMJM anymore like i did back before we got BH released, when i was using AMJM prior to my mod, i was playing with

all the bandit features anyways so BH is just a streamlined and updated version of AMJM's Bandit features, but along side the 40+

mods i play with i dont have any issues with performance.

My computer specs btw are:

i7-7700k 4.25ghz

EVGA Z270 FTW K

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)3600mhz

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 12GB

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w P2

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2