SOS - Please Rescue Scripthook

Scripthook is broken (well the game is broken) as of the latest update released 6 hours ago by R*.  It's tossing a FATAL: Can't find native 0x4170B650590B3B00.  This leads me to believe that they've changed the memory position for certain elements crucial to scripthook's operation (Native file location).  I can't fix it.  Any brave souls out there know how to fix this?

No, I answered this on a previous post about it...lemme quote it here for you.

You can do it through Steam but not with the R* Launcher.  I have a list of the manifests if you want to give it a shot with Steam CMD  You can manually download the previously updated versions of the files that were changed.  Then manually overwrite the existing files in your game directory.  Fun times.

1174180  app-ID

1174181  depot-ID  8073902975783086005 Manifest-ID
1174182  depot-ID  3384885669989932521 Manifest-ID
1174183  depot-ID  5554201998920028033 Manifest-ID
1174184  depot-ID  5387703447066113687 Manifest-ID
1174185  depot-ID  8787555652753576907 Manifest-ID
1174186  depot-ID  9147473632435727889 Manifest-ID

You download those manifests, then replace the files in your game directory.

This will not work without a valid copy of the game through Steam.

Good Luck.

You could wait but I managed to get my game rolled back using SteamRE's depotdownloader 2.4.3 hotfix (github) and the manifest numbers I listed above.  Each of those manifests equals a part of the game.  You go offline in steam (or it will just overwrite your hard work) download the manifests with the depot downloader, then make a new folder someplace...you pull out all the game files and place in that folder.  You then create another new folder anywhere not in the install directory for RDR2, move your old game files (located in the install directory) to that folder.  You then put all of your new game files (downloaded from depotdownloader) into the install directory folder which should now be empty.  Then install all of your mods.  I'm playing the previous version of RDR2 in offline mode in steam while awaiting a scripthook update for the latest version.  A pain in the ass to be sure, but at least I can pick up where I left off and not have to wait.

Maybe best if someone just contact Alexander Blade, and let him know about the recent

update so he can update script hook.

Script Hook RDR2

http://www.dev-c.com/rdr2/scripthookrdr2/

ScriptHookRDR2 - GTA Forums

https://gtaforums.com/topic/939232-scripthookrdr2/page/9/#comments

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 125 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

This comes from (http://www.dev-c.com/rdr2/scripthookrdr2/)

Concept
The main concept is that compiled script plugins depend only on ScriptHookRDR2.dll, so when the game updates the only thing that user must do in order to make scripts working again is to update script hook runtime (i.e. ScriptHookRDR2.dll).

A good idea is to make a video or text (with pics) tutorial on how to UPDATE the scripthookrdr2.dll our-self. Did some testing with a HEX-editor and with Win Visual Studios, but to no avail.

You can open, and edit the scripthookRDR2.dll with https://hexed.it/ 

I'm not that advanced, unfortunately.  I've got everything working with the depotdownloader on the previous version in offline mode until a better man/woman comes along and saves the day.  I looked at the HEX editor and I haven't slightest idea of what to change inside of that dll.  I think @Gunter Severloh 's idea was probably the brightest.  Contacting the owner and asking him politely to help a brotha out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bombcat2015 said:

Contacting the owner and asking him politely to help a brotha out.

Ya, looking at the GTA forums there are quite a number of people that are replying to Alexander's thread

and reporting what issues they are dealing with, hope from the activity Alexander will see it and update script hook.

I had already noticed a few of my mods not working, i use the native trainer that comes with Scripthook which

i had to remove as it freezes and crashes my game.

I prefer that one over others because it allows you to sync the game time to your computer time, and play in real time

adjust the weather if need be, and adjust the time forward or backward as well, really adds to the immersion.

Why does almost every mod depend on script hook, why cant there be other "script hook" or what have you so the mods can work,

its rather absurd we have only one source if you will that enables a mod to function in the game.

Edited by Gunter Severloh

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 125 bandit hideouts, 37 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

GUYS! There is now a fix for the new update to get ALL of your mods working again and I’ll show you how.

First— download the latest update for outfit changer at this link

after you’ve downloaded it, move all the files into your game directory. 

next— download the new asi loader at this link

after you’ve downloaded this, drag and drop the “version.dll” file into your game directory and it will say that it is going to replace an existing file, click yes as this is what you want to happen. 

Lastly, if you already have script hook for RDR2 installed into your game directory. All you need to do is remove the file named “dinput8.dll” from your game directory. This is the most important step!

Now all your mods should be working again! Hope this helped!

Yeehaa for Tacitus Kilgore for helping, thanks brother! Just do as he describes, step by step and it will work (did for me).

1. Download Outfit changer (newest version)
  2. copy all content from zip into main RDR directory (overwrite if needed)
  3. Download RDR2 ASI Loader (newest version)
  4. copy content from zip into main RDR directory and overwrite version.dll
  5. IMPORTANT! Delete dinput8.dll and leave Scripthookrdr2.dll in your main RDR directory!

THANKS AGAIN Mr. Kilgore!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Screenshot 2020.02.29 - 19.49.31.41.png

53 minutes ago, RichChicken said:

Just do as he describes, step by step and it will work (did for me).

So this is enabling scripthook to work again and the mods work as before correct?

Would that mean the native trainer that comes with script hook rdr2 would work again? as when i tried using it after

the update my game would freeze and i had to force quit.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

So this is enabling scripthook to work again and the mods work as before correct?

Would that mean the native trainer that comes with script hook rdr2 would work again? as when i tried using it after

the update my game would freeze and i had to force quit.

I don't use native trainer, Rampage and/or Lenny's Trainer will work just fine. If you used native trainer and it freezed/crashed than delete it and use Rampage or Lenny's trainer.

• 9 months later...

Can someone please upload the new script hook (Alexander Blade)? The download link always opens the blog page for me (with the "RDR2 script hook released" entry from 2019).

• 4 months later...
On 5/8/2022 at 5:54 AM, HughJanus said:

Can someone please upload the new script hook (Alexander Blade)? The download link always opens the blog page for me (with the "RDR2 script hook released" entry from 2019).

Hello, it's me again.

Same problem - the link for the download always redirects me to the blog post. Could someone upload it, please?

https://www.dev-c.com/rdr2/scripthookrdr2/