How to spawn Object and store it in C# variable

Hello everyone, I've successfuly managed to spawn object in the game, although I would need to store it in C# to be able to handle them, rotate them and such. But the thing is that Rage Plugin Hook for RDR2 has no such variables that I could use to store them, and whenever I try to store them to a normal c# object, it throws an error.

I call this native "CREATE_OBJECT" (0x509D5878EB39E842), like this:

Game.CallNative(0x509D5878EB39E842, "P_GEN_POSTERWANTED05X".HashCode(), PlayerPed.Position.X, PlayerPed.Position.Y, PlayerPed.Position.Z, false, false, true, false, false);

But just as the NativeDB states, this native returns a Type "Object". So I would have to use:

Some_var_Type _object = Game.CallNative<Some_var_Type>(0x509D5878EB39E842, "P_GEN_POSTERWANTED05X".HashCode(), PlayerPed.Position.X, PlayerPed.Position.Y, PlayerPed.Position.Z, false, false, true, false, false);

to store it.

Everytime I try to create it like this:

object _object = Game.CallNative<object>(0x509D5878EB39E842, "P_GEN_POSTERWANTED05X".HashCode(), TfaRageUtils.PlayerPed.Position.X, TfaRageUtils.PlayerPed.Position.Y, TfaRageUtils.PlayerPed.Position.Z, false, false, true, false, false);

it throws the following error:

System.ArgumentException: The specified structure must allow representation by bits / bytes or have schema information.

With code: -2147024809

How can I manage this? Or is it currently impossible?

Thank you in advance!

Game entities are of a handle type which is a 4 byte value. You could use an unsigned integer in C# to represent that. Note that you do not need to do that when using built-in RPH functions to create peds, vehicles, props etc. but only when manually invoking natives. To convert a handle to its RPH representation, you can use World.GetEntityByHandle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LMS said:

Game entities are of a handle type which is a 4 byte value. You could use an unsigned integer in C# to represent that. Note that you do not need to do that when using built-in RPH functions to create peds, vehicles, props etc. but only when manually invoking natives. To convert a handle to its RPH representation, you can use World.GetEntityByHandle.

Hi LMS, thank you very much for your answer!

I ended up finding out how to do what I wanted.

So basicaly, as stated in the NativeDB, "CREATE_OBJECT" (0x509D5878EB39E842) returns an object of type Object, which in Rage is represented by Prop type.

You can indeed get the spawned Handle by using Dynamic Native Call, just like this:

Prop _prop = Game.Natives.x509D5878EB39E842<Prop>(_objectNameString.HashCode(), _position.X, _position.Y, _position.Z, false, true, true, false, false);

After atributting the newly returned Object to the Type Prop, you can do anything you wish with it!

Best regards! 😄

• Like 1