I imagine the pacing will be pretty different this time around.

HGMIV

I suppose this could go for single-player as well as online roleplay (if that ever happens).

In LSPDFR you have a police radio that can buzz in calls and officers can communicate.  Obviously here in 1899 they don't have that technology.  There's the telegraph, which I suppose could play a role.  In larger towns like Blackwater or Saint Denis the game could continue its pace as crime could be found around a lot of corners, but what about the sheriff's office at Rhodes, Valentine or Strawberry? Would you be called out to  The towns aren't that big, so could it be a lot of hanging out in the Sheriff's office, feet back listening to banter from the inmates?  Waiting until evening to hang out at the saloon for the inevitable brawl or card cheater getting shot down.

Then again, in a way it's  representative of RDR2 compared to GTAV.  I'm in no way complaining, just trying to think what the experience will be like.  

The challenge will be finding the right balance.  I don't think it'll make for a very fun day if you're restricted to just sitting in the sheriff's office, so there will definitely be some emphasis on actually going about and seeing what's up.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely going to have to rely on "witnesses" telling you what's going on, the dialogue lines exist - I distinctly remember hearing a townie going into the sheriffs office and saying how they "needed you to come quick" or something like that. 

I really hope some day we can get a random / dynamic bounty system.  That could provide a good bit of replayability.  I've also been thinking about simply going out on patrol. Seeing dynamic events, which are common enough in single-player, could provide a lot of possibilities.  And even outside of the main cities are small villages, shared homesteads, and camps.  It's certainly going to be an interesting change of pace but one I long for.  

IIRC in the more recent release of LSPDFR, I believe they'd coded that in - so that the simulation understood that an NPC had in fact did something 'wrong' now what We'd need for something similar in RDR is more NPC's who actually are committing a crime - essentially we'd need persistent actors  taking the place of some of the random encounters that occur in single player, and for the encounters to trigger when the player is off doing their sheriff thing: 

For instance: 

NPC is help up by "Bad Bot" ---> NPC uses the existing witness function, but pointing at "Bad Bot" ---> Runs to sheriffs station to report crime ---> NPC finds Law enforcement entity (player or NPC lawman) and reports crime. Bounty is applied to "Bad Bot" and the game now recognizes them as criminal - now they just need to be saved and reused to do something else bad and the system repeats.

Now, I've no idea if any of that is even possible, but that's one of the ways I see it playing out.