Possible bug - ped considered dead when arresting

Phaxol

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get some help with a bug I've been experiencing in RDRFR. Sometimes when arresting a ped, the ped will be triggered as dead by scripts that have a reference to it. This interferes with the functionality of callouts and other mods that require differentiation between dead/arrested suspects such as my callout mod. For example, on my callouts if I arrest someone at gunpoint, the script will sometimes detect that the suspect has been killed as soon as they put their hands up. Since my mod offers different amounts of money depending on whether the ped was arrested or killed, this introduces a bug in the functionality. Any possible workarounds for this issue? I remember in my GTA V modding days there was a similar problem but I don't remember how I worked around it.

I am honestly not sure what would cause this. Have you tried logging their health during the arrest? Maybe that gives you a clue about what is going on and how to double check.

3 hours ago, LMS said:

I am honestly not sure what would cause this. Have you tried logging their health during the arrest? Maybe that gives you a clue about what is going on and how to double check.

I will try, it's hard to reproduce however as it seems to happen randomly as far as I can tell. If its any help, the blip for dead peds also appears on the minimap when it does happen, along with the red blip given by my mod even though the ped is standing there not dead with their hands up. I'll let you know if I can figure anything else out about what triggers it.