Gang horse as main horse?

Maestruu

I am wondering if anyone knows of a method to make gang horses your permanent horse, with Lenny's Simple Trainer you can spawn any of them but you can't bond with them and they will not react to your calls.

I would like to use The Count (Dutch's horse) as my main but couldn't find any way to do so rn.

If someone knows any work-around for this please lmk!

There has to be a way to remove the "gang" tag from a horse

It's pretty frustrating. I really want Micah's horse. I want to rename it "Ghostface" (due to it's all black body and white face) and use it as my "dirty deeds" horse when doing robberies. I can spawn it, I can even put my saddle on it and the game says it's now my "main horse", but when I try to stable it it says "you cannot stable gang horses" and kicks me out

I've even used the "Pimp My Horse" mod to change it's mane, tail, accessories, etc. Even it's gender! so the model is obviously just as customize-able as any other horse.  Literally the only thing stopping you from permanently owning it is the fact that the game has artificially attached a tag to it naming it a "gang horse". There has to be a way around it 

Even renaming the skin to make it a "new" horse would probably work. Or swapping the skin with a different horse of the same breed. There are three other Missouri Fox Trotter horses. It should be possible. Same thing for the other gang horses. Unfortunately i have no idea how to mod...

Edited by Myrothe

@LMS that would be amazing if it can be done!!!

@Myrothe yea and also what is really annoying is the fact that it doesnt even answer to your calls, whenever I got into a fight I had to spend the next 10-15 minutes searching for "my horse", yea some would say I could just spawn another one but my saddle is also gone and I need to go back to stables and as you know you can't enter the stable with a gang horse. Let's hope LMS can do this!

On 12/9/2019 at 9:12 AM, Maestruu said:

@LMS that would be amazing if it can be done!!!

@Myrothe yea and also what is really annoying is the fact that it doesnt even answer to your calls, whenever I got into a fight I had to spend the next 10-15 minutes searching for "my horse", yea some would say I could just spawn another one but my saddle is also gone and I need to go back to stables and as you know you can't enter the stable with a gang horse. Let's hope LMS can do this!

I can make it your personal horse and also allow you to stable it, but it will be reset once you reload the game, so not sure how useful that is. It at least allows you to bond with it, though.

• Like 1

@LMS Hey that’s better than nothing. When I play I tend to play for hours, so having to change it over one time at the beginning isn’t that big of a deal to me. Do you think that’s something you would consider adding as an option at some point? 

I really appreciate your help

On 12/12/2019 at 10:10 AM, CapnBeeb said:

Would these changes also apply to the black snowflake Appaloosa horse as well? I've wanted that horse ever since I saw it in Online.

It should work for all horses in theory, but I can test that one. Depending on the progress with the latest update we can also update the trainer soon and you can try it yourself!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dartigen said:

Hmmmm... As another workaround, is the 'gang horse' tag attached somehow to the 'outfit' used for those particular textures for each horse? Would it be possible to recreate the outfit via components without that tag?

That’s entirely possible. Maybe that’s something @LMS could look into if he had the time 

there is definitely something that is distinguishing them as different from other horses. Even with the new update you can bond with them and call them, but still not stable them (and it defaults to a Tennessee Walker on reload), but if you use “Pimp My Horse” you can customize everything about them, just like any other horse

So in essence they are just like every other regular horse in the game save for the fact that somewhere the game has added a specific tag to differentiate them as not ownable 

One easier fix could just be to literally swap the skins. For instance with Micahs horse you could literally take one of the other Fox Trotter skins, and Micahs horse, and rename one as the other. The downside would be that whatever skin you replaced would then become Micahs horse and would be unavailable to own (not that I’d mind if I could own that badass white and black) 

also, I’m not sure if every gang horse has a regular equivalent to swap with

hopefully LMS can crack this, or find a way to add “new” horses to the game. You could add new vehicles to GTAV so it’s not outside the realm of possibility. Plus that could lead to future coolness like undead/apocalypse horses from RDR1

1 hour ago, Myrothe said:

That’s entirely possible. Maybe that’s something @LMS could look into if he had the time 

there is definitely something that is distinguishing them as different from other horses. Even with the new update you can bond with them and call them, but still not stable them (and it defaults to a Tennessee Walker on reload), but if you use “Pimp My Horse” you can customize everything about them, just like any other horse

So in essence they are just like every other regular horse in the game save for the fact that somewhere the game has added a specific tag to differentiate them as not ownable 

One easier fix could just be to literally swap the skins. For instance with Micahs horse you could literally take one of the other Fox Trotter skins, and Micahs horse, and rename one as the other. The downside would be that whatever skin you replaced would then become Micahs horse and would be unavailable to own (not that I’d mind if I could own that badass white and black) 

also, I’m not sure if every gang horse has a regular equivalent to swap with

hopefully LMS can crack this, or find a way to add “new” horses to the game. You could add new vehicles to GTAV so it’s not outside the realm of possibility. Plus that could lead to future coolness like undead/apocalypse horses from RDR1

Most game interactions, such as bonding or stabling blacklist certain horses such as the gang horses by their model name. I am able to bypass that for stabling too, but it will revert to the Tennessee Walker on reload so a bit pointless. Since they are different models, chances are their skin only works for that particular model and cannot be applied to others, but I am not entirely sure about that.

Ah. Damn. Seems like they really put a lot of work into keeping you from using them. I wonder why. I mean, I get that story wise they don’t want you stealing the other gang members horses, but why not at least allow people to spawn non blacklisted versions of them with console commands and trainers if that’s what they want to do in their own games 

limiting that stuff in single player just seems needlessly restrictive 

EDIT: Plus, Micahs horse in particular was a horse you’d be awarded in the first game for having low enough honor. They had to know that people would want to own that thing, lol 

Edited by Myrothe
  • Like 1

I guess we have to wait until someone figures out how to get access to the texture files and whatnot. In theory, it should be easy enough to rename texture files, but in practice... only if you know what they are and can find them.

There's some hidden variants of horses too - ones like the Black Snowflake Appaloosa, Grey Arabian, Sable Champagne MFT, etc. I haven't tested if any of them can also be stabled yet, but to my knowledge they don't appear anywhere in-game. While a couple of them look identical to other skins, the Black Snowflake and Grey Arabian both have their own textures (even if the Grey Arabian's look unfinished and weirdly pixelly). I'd guess though that if they can't be stabled, it'll be for a different reason than the gang horses.

Edited by dartigen

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, olalazt said:

Great news, friends. As much as this have frustrated me as well, I have finally found a solution.

Check this link: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/602

It does not work. Does it work for you?

I wanted Bill's horse.
With scripthook I can make it spawn, put the saddle but not take it to the stable.

I tried this mod but it never changed anything.

P.s.:I have installed LML but it is not clear if in addition to scripthook it should have LST

Edited by Miriam1987