RDRFR - First Screenshots & Preview

Sam

Following closely in the footsteps of LSPDFR, the police mod for GTA V, today we're excited to share some screenshots and details about our latest project - RDRFR, the upcoming police mod for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Putting the player in the shoes of a lawman, RDRFR will bring a whole new dimension to Red Dead.  Not only will you be able to walk the streets and roam the plains with the full authority of the law on your side, but we're creating something that's quite different too.  Indeed, perhaps the truest strength of RDR 2 is that it is different - it's not just GTA in the west - there's more to it than that.  It's a vast open world, it has a level of detail in the characters, the setting, the environment that's unmatched by any other open world, free form game.  With RDR we have the opportunity to create an experience that's far more intimate and refined than any previous mod, with a greater focus on interaction and investigation as opposed to LA style car chases.

qGrxBYq.jpg

In the absence of modern CCTV surveillance, finding out the culprit in the weekly bar brawl calls for more 'traditional' means.

oPhXYEp.jpg

Leveraging RDR's powerful system for contextual prompts gives rise to all new interactions with the people you encounter.

Our focus at the moment is to finish developing an initial version of RDRFR as quickly as we can.  There's no doubt that we've come a long way since RDR was first released on PC, but there's so much that's still unknown about how the game works, and what we can mod into it.  With this in mind, instead of sitting on it for a couple of months as we try to get stuff 'perfect', we instead want to have the ball rolling within the space of some weeks, and let the mod grow and evolve naturally as we see how people play it, and what sort of things should be added and focused on.

YbIWvaM.jpg

Some things haven't changed much, though... Like perps staring down the barrel of a pump action shotgun as you bring them in.

Seeing Rockstar's latest open world epic from the eyes of the law is really fun.  Being a lawman at the turn of the 20th century doesn't seem as cut and dry as being a police officer in a modern metropolis, and we're hopeful that this offers a ton of potential for what a police mod for this game can become.  We can't wait to see what happens with RDRFR, and we're working day and night on getting the mod into your hands, so that you can put on a star and lay down the law.

Be sure to closely follow our website and Discord server for the latest news as we develop RDRFR, which we hope to bring a 'beta' version of as quickly as possible.

If you haven't already done so, you might also wish to consider becoming a Patron, not only to support our work which is completely free, but also for all the latest insider scoops and special behind-the-scenes access as a thank you for your support.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 7

I'm sure I speak for most all of us when I say, we absolutely adore your hard work! This looks all too good to be true. Seriously, anybody who can spare it should donate to your Patreon.

Best of luck men! You've got this, & you've got our support.

• Like 10

God damn I am hyped for this. Had no idea anyone was even going to attempt doing a Police mod for RDR2.

• Like 1

Mattie Ross: Do you need a good lawyer?

Lucky Ned Pepper: I need a good judge...

wonderful all this , I completed and played with RDR2 on PS4 and it is wonderful from the graphics to the vastness up to 1800 of the map and to the care of the details and being able to take advantage of this novelty on PC as a man of law in style lspdfr of gta on RDR2 is fantastic I just have to understand if my PC can support another heavy installation as well as lspdfr as a memory, I hope so , keep it up

I'm so stoked!  It's one of the first mods I thought of when RDR2 was announced and LSPDFR is a modding relic of our time!  I can't wait to see this mod evolve and grow. 

What about an old prisoner transport like this? That would be cool. You know vehicles are coming....it's just who does it first. I mean first vehicle was in 1885 so it could fit..

20191204_204254.jpg

Edited by medicbobs
Misspelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait buy the game for this mod.

Loving it by the screenshots

10/10

My Real Question is how this is gonna turn out since its gonna be horses.

We gonna pull over someone on a horse for speeding? lmao KIDDING

Edited by Yutsuko