Is there a way to keep Arthur's voice input when changing ped?

shoni89

On 12/1/2019 at 4:53 PM, shoni89 said:

Like, if I swap his model I cannot talk to other people anymore, it's always greyed out. I don't mind keeping the original Arthur voice...

I am not sure what is causing this, but I can look into a way to fix it, if possible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LMS said:

I am not sure what is causing this, but I can look into a way to fix it, if possible.

Ask Jedijosh920 on his discord he may provide help he definitely has it working, it'd be great feature to speak with our

own peds greet and taunt etc they definitely can do it i've seen it in action it's just finding the right code or such.

3 hours ago, 12uniflew said:

Ask Jedijosh920 on his discord he may provide help he definitely has it working, it'd be great feature to speak with our

own peds greet and taunt etc they definitely can do it i've seen it in action it's just finding the right code or such.

The peds can talk fine using their own voices, but ideally I would like to have their voices be used for the interactions (greet, antagonize etc.). Those are greyed out because their voices lack the speech lines associated with these actions I think. 

1 hour ago, LMS said:

The peds can talk fine using their own voices, but ideally I would like to have their voices be used for the interactions (greet, antagonize etc.). Those are greyed out because their voices lack the speech lines associated with these actions I think. 

Check this out skip to 1:33 the options are available. This is what I mean his trainer or coding has the (greet & antagonize) interactions working for model swaps he just never released his pc mods unfortunately not yet anyways. 

1 minute ago, 12uniflew said:

Check this out skip to 1:33 the options are available. This is what I mean his trainer or coding has the (greet & antagonize) interactions working for model swaps he just never released his pc mods unfortunately not yet anyways. 

Thanks for the video, but unfortunately it won't be that easy for us since that is achieved by modding the savegame. We change the model at runtime which brings some more complications with it (mostly the game trying to change the model back). I will have a look nonetheless and see what I can do.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LMS said:

Thanks for the video, but unfortunately it won't be that easy for us since that is achieved by modding the savegame. We change the model at runtime which brings some more complications with it (mostly the game trying to change the model back). I will have a look nonetheless and see what I can do.

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate you seeing what you can do. I'm glad I could provide that it's somewhat possible with that video but as you said it'll be difficult, but as Dutch once said I gotta have faith. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 4:30 AM, 12uniflew said:

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate you seeing what you can do. I'm glad I could provide that it's somewhat possible with that video but as you said it'll be difficult, but as Dutch once said I gotta have faith. 

I actually think it only really works in the train anyway, even in that savegame change. If you look at around 6:40 in the building, only greet is available and when pressed does not seem to make Javier talk either. I suspect there are some hardcoded checks for Arthur/John somewhere causing issues.

• Like 1

good day!  tell me please, when you pass the game and Arthur dies, is it possible with the help of mods-trainer, to play for him further? replace John with Arthur? or fashion and trainer will already replace only clothes on John?

17 hours ago, kanagan81 said:

good day!  tell me please, when you pass the game and Arthur dies, is it possible with the help of mods-trainer, to play for him further? replace John with Arthur? or fashion and trainer will already replace only clothes on John?

Yes you can change your player model from John to Arthur or vice versa anytime throughout the story by using Save Editor by XB36HAZARD! There is an option in the top right corner below the x and minimize buttons,above the drop down arrow.

Red_Dead_Redemption_Save_Editor_mPHpPJo8Rf.thumb.png.a5c65f65158303a4703fd06c60e75f36.png

• Thanks 1