Getting hashes for models.

GuiCORLEONE

How do i know the hash for a model in RDR2? I tried using hash generator but it doesn't work, i also tried uploading the full model into the hash tool from OpenIV but it also doesn't work. How am i supposed to get the hashes for models in the game?

• Like 1

The hash tool will work just fine. For instance for model "PLAYER_ZERO" it would return 0xD7114C9 which is the hash of the Arthur model. What kind of models are you struggling with?

10 hours ago, LMS said:

The hash tool will work just fine. For instance for model "PLAYER_ZERO" it would return 0xD7114C9 which is the hash of the Arthur model. What kind of models are you struggling with?

If i try to get hashes for a ydd model, the hash simply doesn't work when i try to apply it in the game. Example: If i get the hash generated from the name player_three_ms1_head_999, the hash simply doesn't work in the game.

• Confused 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:36 AM, GuiCORLEONE said:

How do i know the hash for a model in RDR2? I tried using hash generator but it doesn't work, i also tried uploading the full model into the hash tool from OpenIV but it also doesn't work. How am i supposed to get the hashes for models in the game?

Good question Gui

Edited by dick hertz

10 hours ago, GuiCORLEONE said:

If i try to get hashes for a ydd model, the hash simply doesn't work when i try to apply it in the game. Example: If i get the hash generated from the name player_three_ms1_head_999, the hash simply doesn't work in the game.

Most likely since that name does not represent a valid model in the game, nothing to do with the hashing. It is either mapped using a different name or just not a valid model.