Is there a native that can reduce the player's total ammo?

SuperNovaXM

Hi, 

I'm fairly new to modding in general, but I've followed a few tutorials successfully and now I have some questions. I was trying to use the SET_PED_AMMO native function but when I went to put in the weapon hash it gives me the error: cannot convert from 'RDR2.WeaponHash' to 'RDR2.Native.InputArgument'.

I tried constructing an InputArgument using this code, but it crashed my game: 

var hash = new RDR2.Native.InputArgument(CurrentPlayerWeapon()); //CurrentPlayerWeapon() returns the hash of the weapon currently equipped

Function.Call(Hash.SET_PED_AMMO, Game.Player.Character.Handle, hash, 100);

If there's better documentation than what little I found, or if there's any other way to do this then do let me know.

Edited by SuperNovaXM

Are you using ABs script hook or RPH?

Edit: forget what I asked, just saw the forum you posted in. Why dont you try GET_CURRENT_PED_WEAPON and pass the player ped to it? In the parameters you have to pass the variable in which the weapon shall be stored.

Something like this should do it:

Ped playerPed = PLAYER::PLAYER_PED_ID();
Hash weaponHash = 0;
int ammo = 100;

WEAPON::GET_CURRENT_PED_WEAPON(playerPed, &weaponHash, false, 0, false);
if (weaponHash != 0) WEAPON::SET_PED_AMMO(playerPed, weaponHash, ammo);

Edited by HughJanus

Hmm, it seems like you're using Alexander Blade's c++ scripthook, where I'm using the RDR2.net scripthook api. If I don't find any solutions to my problem then I'll start to look into getting the developing with the AB scripthook, if you have any good resources for starting a project using the AB sdk that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help, but it turns out I was doing a number of things wrong unrelated to the natives so I'm glad I caught that as well. That said, I have a new issue regarding the natives that ought to modify the player's ammo. I have tried using SET_PED_AMMO, SET_PED_AMMO_BY_TYPE, _ADD_AMMO_TO_PED, and other similar functions and the only two I've actually gotten to work are SET_PED_INFINITE_AMMO which is useless in my case and SET_AMMO_IN_CLIP which isn't robust enough as it only moves stored ammo to and from your gun. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong again or if these functions don't work for the player as I thought they might.

I tested it as well, and it seems that many of the ammo natives do not work correctly on the player (or at all). For instance, SET_PED_AMMO_BY_TYPE has support to remove ammo and calculates the amount to remove properly, only for the actual call to CPedInventory::RemoveAmmo to ignore the request due to a (wrong?) hardcoded parameter. What has worked for me though was 0xB6CFEC32E3742779 aka _REMOVE_AMMO_FROM_PED_BY_TYPE. Calling it like this to remove one ammo from your revolver (RPH syntax):

Game.CallNative(0xB6CFEC32E3742779, Game.LocalPlayer.Character, Game.GetHashKey("AMMO_REVOLVER"), 1, 0x2188E0A3);

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1