How do you make a PED an enemy?(not lose honor when killing them)

Hello to whomever,

I am trying to add in bounty hunters to a mod I'm developing. Unfortunately I have stumbled upon a problem where every time you kill them you lose honor. Now I know I could use a different model other than a bounty hunter but it's rather important it's a bounty hunter.

So does anyone know of a way to make a character an enemy or make it so you don't lose honor when killing them?

Honor is a scripted concept iirc and can be controlled via decors. If you look at decors such as "honor_override" you might be able to remove the honor penalty.

3 minutes ago, LMS said:

Honor is a scripted concept iirc and can be controlled via decors. If you look at decors such as "honor_override" you might be able to remove the honor penalty.

Or rather where do I find (information about) decors?

A decor is essentially metadata attached to an entity which can then be read from scripts. So if you want to remember that ped X has been investigated by you, you could give it a decor to save that data. They are available in multiple flavors such as integer, boolean and float. If you look at game scripts and look for the string I gave you, you should be able to find references to decors.

A while back I found those "relationship groups" in the natives (there are some methods around relationship groups).

Could it be a solution to add the NPCs to a group which would not give any penalties when killed?

Maybe @LMS knows more about those functions?

49 minutes ago, LMS said:

A decor is essentially metadata attached to an entity which can then be read from scripts. So if you want to remember that ped X has been investigated by you, you could give it a decor to save that data. They are available in multiple flavors such as integer, boolean and float. If you look at game scripts and look for the string I gave you, you should be able to find references to decors.

Where can I find game scripts?

2 hours ago, DoctorBones said:

Where can I find game scripts?

This seems to be an active mirror: https://github.com/stianhje/rdr3-decompiled-scripts.1232

2 hours ago, HughJanus said:

A while back I found those "relationship groups" in the natives (there are some methods around relationship groups).

Could it be a solution to add the NPCs to a group which would not give any penalties when killed?

Maybe @LMS knows more about those functions?

Relationship groups usually manage how peds react to events by other peds, i.e. if you aim a weapon at a friendly they will not attack unlike an enemy. I am not sure if that relation is taken into account for honor, but it's not a bad idea to try that.

To anyone reading this I figured it out thanks to LMS!

DECORATOR::DECOR_SET_INT(*entity name*, "honor_override", 0);

Just add this to your associated PED and you're all set!

(In case it wasn't obvious *entity name* has to be the name of the ped(without the * *) you want to add, neutralise or remove honor from you.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, DoctorBones said:

To anyone reading this I figured it out thanks to LMS!

DECORATOR::DECOR_SET_INT(*entity name*, "honor_override", 0);

Just add this to your associated PED and you're all set!

(In case it wasn't obvious *entity name* has to be the name of the ped(without the * *) you want to add, neutralise or remove honor from you.)

If I understand correctly, then you have found a solution that freezes honor if the mask is worn right?

I' m sorry but i not understand where you find this files, and which program you use for open and change it. Can you write step by step what needs to be changed what game file i need, and which program to use?

I have a few questions

1. Is it possible to make it so that the honor when putting on the mask becomes as low as possible, and gives a bonus to the loot of dead bodies, and does not change for the worse or for the better, and when you remove the mask, it becomes what it was before you put it on?

2. Is it possible to make it so that with high honor there is a discount bonus in stores, and more loot as a bonus from bad honor? And in case of bad honor, remove the loot bonus, or leave it unchanged?

3. Is it possible to make it so that the lawmens could not identify the person if the mask is put on and the bounty for the head does not grow?

Edited by overlord24