RDR2 PC: Custom First Person FOV Values - We're almost there! (Cheat Engine data mining)

hawkidoki

Hey guys!

I almost achieved to set custom FOV values for the first person view! After some research with Cheat Engine, I found the float numbers that actually adjust the first person view. However I'm make them work properly, as it seems the game try to force a base fov, which result in screen flickering between native value and new value.

If there's some Cheat Engine pros, here are the native game float data:

• First Person Min Fov: 44.9588623 (float - when the setting is at 0 in the game)

• First Person Max Fov: 54.99999619 (float- when the setting is at 10 in the game)

Can't wait to find a way to set custom values!

• Like 2

Great research! You can try to right click your values and choose "Find what writes..". This way it will show you R* code that overwrites your old values. If you remove that code you might be able to get rid of the flickering.

Hey LMS!

Thanks for the tip! I tried to replace what rewrites those data with "Do nothing". It kind of work better, but there's still artefacts 😕 Looks like we'll have to wait for a proper script hook. Hope someone will come with a solution!

I noticed there is another mod which is currently being used to increase FOV, however it is an exc. which is opened after the game is launched.

Also, the mode is currently flagged as being suspicious, so I dont plan on using it. But maybe this will help give you some direction?

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/25