Need Help! Making my First RDR2 Mod...

Well, I'd like to start my first mod for RDR2 on something that I think It should be so Hard. I know that sounds like a Mod request, but this Isn't the case, I wanna do this myself.

I'd like to make a mod for the Cattleman. The thing I want for it is to make the Triggerguard metals customizable, as a spare part from the frame in Gunsmith -make the Triggerguard and From frame both customizable as separate parts-, and make the Gun a Bit more powerful (Not overpowered, just more balanced to other in-game hanguns), all of this in Singleplayer mode/campaign obviously.

I'd like to make not replacing any other weapon of the game, even if possible, not editing the weapons.ymt file (don't know if the latter thing is possible, just wan't to make it compatible with many other mods)

I mean, for the Colt SAA "Peacemaker" —AKA the Cattleman— to make an option for the triggerguard metals a part you can customize its metals, aside from the frame, and without replacing any other Cattleman component and its metals option, Like the Colt Navy from Online, I used Red Dead Ofline and Online Content Unlocker, It can actually be customized like that. The game textures are on the game, so I don't think it should be so hard...

The Vanilla Gunsmith in Game (a personal variant):

Could contain: screenshot, text, weapon, pc game, digital compositing, 3d modeling, video game software, strategy video game, adventure game, action-adventure game
Could contain: weapon, firearm, ranged weapon, gun, handgun, trigger, gun barrel, screenshot

The Colt Navy in modded Game (again, a personal variant, to Ilustrate what I mean):

Could contain: weapon, text, screenshot, firearm, ranged weapon, trigger, gun, handgun

(Spanish Translations for both guns:
Cañón = Barrel
Tambor = Cylinder
Armazón = Frame

Martillo = Hammer

Mira = Sights
Guardamonte = Triggerguard
Gatillo = Trigger)

So, what files do I have to edit/What things do experienced modders recommend me to do? I read any suggestions and accept any help.

My priority is the Triggerguard thing, however, I do plan for the soon future to make the Cattleman a bit more Powerful (Come on, it's a .45 LC, not a .22) but balanced to other guns of the game. I would also like to make the other unique firearms in Campaign customizable in Gunsmith too.  

I don't know if this it's the correct sub-forum for it (Maybe on RDR2 Mods Showroom?).

Thanks Folks!

Edited by MasterWithNoName
Minor explanation