(Please HELP) Unknown Error: FFFFFFFF, I just play campaign.

Hello, I have Installed many mods to my RDR2 Game, I only like to play the singleplayer mode (I haven't buy the RDO anyways, I don't think I will), before that I had some few mods installed before and didn't have any problems before, Now I installed many mods more, and now it Gives me the infamous "Unknown Error: FFFFFFFF". I have tried to re-download the D3D12.dll on its respective native folder, I changed it from Vulkan to DirectX12 (It goes worse, and I still had the error).

I can also show which mods I have Installed (In another pics, soon)

I have downloaded many mods, But I didn't installed all of them, so I did make it organized it on Installed/Uninstalled folders.

I don't know if this mod would help to solve it, I haven't installed it yet.

I don't care if I lose my progress, I just wanna play the singleplayer campaign with the mods and without any problems.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:32 PM, CaptSequoia said:

the most common reason is that the machine you use to play doesn't have enough memory. turning the graphics down is the easiest way to fix the issue.

I play at lesser graphics settings, I always play games like that, mostly cause I prefer performance over graphics, So that doesn't resolve my issue neither. I think, I must do the thing I didn't wanted to... Re-Downloaded the game and reinstall the mods... 1 by 1, seems like a tedious way, but the only one that comes to my mind.

I'm also getting this error. The game was working perfectly fine for six straight hours on a fresh install, and now suddenly it seems to happen about 6-7 minutes into playing almost consistently, and even more consistently whenever I ride through a bush. I have ZERO idea what changed, and the only mods I have installed are all relatively light and have no known conflicts... Not that it matters since deleting them one at a time changed NOTHING.

The only thing I can figure is that it's somehow the fault of Rampage Trainer, since initially when I installed that mod and used it just to give myself the Ultimate Edition content, the older saves I had would immediately hard crash the game upon trying to load them manually; No error code, just straight to desktop. Only the most recent saves would work every single time.

Doing a fresh install of the game right now to see if that somehow helps, guess I'll get back with info on that soon

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BloodXIII said:

I'm also getting this error. The game was working perfectly fine for six straight hours on a fresh install, and now suddenly it seems to happen about 6-7 minutes into playing almost consistently, and even more consistently whenever I ride through a bush. I have ZERO idea what changed, and the only mods I have installed are all relatively light and have no known conflicts... Not that it matters since deleting them one at a time changed NOTHING.

The only thing I can figure is that it's somehow the fault of Rampage Trainer, since initially when I installed that mod and used it just to give myself the Ultimate Edition content, the older saves I had would immediately hard crash the game upon trying to load them manually; No error code, just straight to desktop. Only the most recent saves would work every single time.

Doing a fresh install of the game right now to see if that somehow helps, guess I'll get back with info on that soon

Alright, update. It is NOT Rampage Trainer. And it's not ANY mods so far as I can tell. I'm able to perfectly replicate the error 100% of the time in the exact same span of a few meters, and that's when riding through the little farm directly under the A in New Hanover, going into the Heartland Overflow. I have set every last graphical setting as low as it can be, tried both Vulkan and DX12, none of it makes a lick of difference. Literally every single time I ride though that exact spot it results in a "Unknown error FFFFFFF" message box, and when I click "OK" it crashes to desktop.

• Confused 1