The latest updated version of RAGE Plugin Hook, required to play RDRFR, can be found inside the RDRFR download. It is not currently available on the RAGE Plugin Hook website.

[Solved] RDRFR Currently Does Not Work For Me

Question

***Edit: Switching from Saltyq's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet v1.0.6.0 to Halen84's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet V2 v2.2.0 (https://github.com/Halen84/ScriptHookRDR2DotNet-V2/releases) solved my problem. No other action was required. Thanks to both parties for their work and development; Saltyq's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet v1.0.6.0 was still working in February 2023.***

Good evening to all,

I'm a veteran GTAV/LSPDFR modder, and RDRFR currently doesn't work for me.

I'm on the latest game version, v1.0.1491.18, and I'm using the latest versions of RDRFR, Rage Plugin Hook, and Alexander Blade's Script Hook RDR2.

Here's the problem I'm experiencing:

Everything appears to work normally, except for one thing - the game soft crashes (quickly and gracefully exits to desktop) upon loading RDRFR.

Here's the possible solutions I've tried thus far:

1) Clean RDR2 installation to rule out a corrupted file from the latest update. (Happened once in GTAV/LSPDFR where the game randomly corrupted itself during an update. Steam's "Verify integrity of game files" function did not solve the problem. The integrity of all modded files, however, remained uncompromised and they required no attention.)

Result: No perceivable changes.

2) Run Steam and RDR2 as an administrator.

3) Create exceptions within my antivirus/antimalware programs.

4) Replace Alexander Blade's Script Hook RDR2 with the latest version of kepmehz's ScriptHookRDR2 V2 (https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1472).

Result: kepmehz's ScriptHookRDR2 V2 fails to load Rage Plugin Hook for me (perhaps it's not intended to), thus I can't initialize RDRFR.

5) Downgrade the game back to September 2022's version using this method: (https://www.rdr2mods.com/forums/topic/1309-unofficial-troubleshooting-guide-for-non-working-mods/page/5/#comment-5806).

Result: Didn't work, doesn't launch. Reversing the operation solved it immediately.

Additional considerations:

The exact same file structure that I'm using worked fine in February 2023. Since then, I got a new PC that uses the Windows 11 OS. Could that alone be the issue?

Also Window's 11 does some goofy things, such as:

1) My RDR2 game directory folder always reverts to read only no matter what I do. Even running cmd as an administrator and stripping those attributes from the folder doesn't seem to work.

2) It won't let me change anything regarding controlled folder access. (Dear Microsoft, please make software that actually works.)

3) I may tell my antivirus and antimalware programs to leave RDR2/RDRFR alone, but perhaps Windows Defender swats it every time it spins up. (How would I detect/read logs evidencing that?) Also, video tutorials on how to create exceptions specifically for Windows Defender do not reflect my current menu structure and are not useful.

Further, there's a couple ASI files/mods that I never tried removing from the game directory and seeing if RDRFR would initialize, but I highly doubt that's the problem. By my estimation, if they were the culprit then the game itself simply wouldn't compile and load story mode. The problem I'm facing is that RDRFR alone appears to crash the game upon initialization.

If you have any information about solving these problems that I've described, or information about learning to develop these projects (I'm interested in getting into the development of these mods. I've clocked 982.8 hours of LSPDFR and still love modding and playing it), then please let me know.

Thanks,

Edited by 340
[Solved]

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet