The latest updated version of RAGE Plugin Hook, required to play RDRFR, can be found inside the RDRFR download. It is not currently available on the RAGE Plugin Hook website.

Boostrapper unable to hook

dieselrob89

Question

Hey is there some issue with this mod currently? I may be missing something and a game update screwed up things but I have hunted down every 'updated' RagePlugin/Scripthook/ etc and I still get a bootstrapper unable to hook error. I am doing a complete reinstall now but are we an update ahead with the actual game hence the issues I am having with everything else being an update behind or something? I have googled it, tried the rageplugin discord but I was ignored. Tried running as admin, giving full permissions through my antivirus/malware programs, you name it I have tried it.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

***Edit: Switching from Saltyq's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet v1.0.6.0 to Halen84's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet V2 v2.2.0 (https://github.com/Halen84/ScriptHookRDR2DotNet-V2/releases) solved my problem. No other action was required. Thanks to both parties for their work and development; Saltyq's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet v1.0.6.0 was still working in February 2023.***

Hey dieselrob89,

One wonky quick-fix to get around the application failing to hook the game is to launch the game normally through Steam, reach the main menu screen, tab out, and then launch Rage Plugin Hook from within your RDR2 game directory. It may take several tries, but this method should eventually work unless the problem lies not within Rage Plugin Hook, but within something else entirely.

However, I think the real issue you're going to face is that once the game finally launches, RDRFR isn't going to work. That's the problem I experienced.

I'm not very experienced with RDR2/RDRFR, but I am a veteran modder of GTAV/LSPDFR, and here's what I understand about the current state of things:

Rage Plugin Hook and RDRFR are currently out of date with the current game version (v1.0.1491.18).

Rage Plugin Hook was last updated in December 2022, and is optimized for the previous game version v1.0.1491.16.

RDRFR was last updated in September 2022, and appears to (somehow) contain the above-listed Rage Plugin Hook version.

Alexander Blade's Script Hook RDR2, another essential, was last updated in February 2023 and is optimized for the previous game version v1.0.1491.17.

So, I think we either have to wait for people to update their projects or do it ourselves, basically.

I can attest that I've tried several methods to get RDRFR working again (it was working in February, and then I got a new PC and the same exact file structure doesn't work anymore in July), but these methods don't actually work. So, maybe my current file structure would still work on a Windows 10 computer, but my old system had some failing components, so I'd have to replace them to test that hypothesis.

If anyone knows how to solve the problems I've described here, or if you have information about learning to develop these projects so that I can contribute an effort to keep everything updated, please let me know.

Thanks,

Edited by 340
[Solved]

On 7/26/2023 at 8:44 AM, 340 said:

***Edit: Switching from Saltyq's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet v1.0.6.0 to Halen84's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet V2 v2.2.0 (https://github.com/Halen84/ScriptHookRDR2DotNet-V2/releases) solved my problem. No other action was required. Thanks to both parties for their work and development; Saltyq's ScriptHookRDR2DotNet v1.0.6.0 was still working in February 2023.***

This solved my issue. I was really getting close to giving up as I had been trying for days to make it work.