I created an hour and a half film over the coarse of three months (like 18 hours a day) using tens of thousands of clips obtained from playing a heavily modded RDR2 - And you're all going to crap yourselves when you see it

AlexLifeson2112

I'm treating it like a film because treating it seriously has led me to obsessively load up the game set up shots and watch it crash thousands of times-  but I expect it to - all I care about is did I get the shot I was looking for.  I really need to learn everything there is about the J10 cinematic camera mod, because I use it 80% of the time I am running the game and I feel that by knowing how to utilize cameras 2,3, and 4 I could lessen the time intensive process of nailing down a multi cam shot - which this has many - but that being said I just view and have viewed the game differently since discovering mods.  Now its a wannabe directors sandbox of limitless possibilities.  I filled up a couple of external hdds with footage and the worse feeling in the world is when I had some great stuff that came out unusable because I wasnt paying attention to encoding or something that went wrong because of my crap cpu and soon to be crap gpu..   Frame rate is 30 fps but because of the cinematic aspect that seems to be fine until i upgrade eventually.

Its been a learning process throughout principal photography (me playing the game with the wonderful mods the community has made available - while sipping on crap beer and avoiding real life responsibilities).   What I'm getting at is that I have avoided looking for a job after my last contract expired because mods made a game I thought I would never pick up again - after playing to 100% - so addictive I needed to justify the time spent by going full I'm-Going-to-Create-A-Frikin-Film mode.  I've been so into doing whatever it is I do to make this thing that I have some days forgotten to eat or go to the bathroom over a 14 or 16 hour stretch. 

If there was a sequel to the movie Step Brothers,  I might be a guy Will Ferrell and John C Reilly hang out with who brags about making films - when asked what studio I am working with I would reply OBS and Red Dead Redemption II and tell them I just just picked up another free-cam mod to help me obtain that crucial shot I need to make my third act come together.  

I have labored over this and the thought of nobody ever seeing it would be an injustice to humankind.  Over the past few days I made a couple trailers ahead of my self imposed April 14 release  (essentially uploading to YT) because I thought if I just kept quiet and obsessively working on it without telling anyone (or making people feel sorry for me)  that there might be chance that I wake up that morning ,  post it , and I miss my projected audience goal of 10 people by near double digits. 

It even has end credits which outline the mods used and mod authors - as well as treats ped models as actors when scrolling down the screen.   

If anyone does watch this when released, i think they will recognize it as the greatest non-narrated/walkthrough rdr2 content .. ever.  It exists outside of any rdr2 lore/world people have experienced when playing through the story -  features none of the gang except for a better dressed uncle who makes a couple brief appearances.  John never had Jack or did any of the stuff we know aboutThese are just three disturbed dudes with some serious issues who believe beating the hell (actually mostly killing) everything that moves or makes a sound will better their lot in life. 

Its been a lot of fun to make - especially thanks to the people who have created the mods that opened up a world of possibilities to me.  I think its the greatest thing I've ever created and I hope you give it a look down the road. 

The way I see it is I either get to make more films in the future, or adam smith's invisible hand flicks me off

Here's my marketing campaign as of now:   (the two trailers mentioned above) 

Bertram and Cave Hermit vs Earth - Trailer #1   - runs a bit long for the type of trailer and the first like 40 seconds should have been cut in hindsight

Bertram and Cave Hermit vs Earth - Trailer #2 (very different from first trailer - kind of pieces a tiny amount together to give you a sense of what your in for)  <- you'll like this if you put off by the first one - in fact - start with this one 😎

BERTRAM AND CAVE HERMIT VS EARTH - Outline for first of possible future films.docx

• Like 3