Game BROKE After UPDATE

joebeefhash

On 2/7/2023 at 5:14 AM, joebeefhash said:

Anyone else get the Steam Update yet? It was about 2.93GB and it broke my game. Currently reinstalling and will install mods one by one and see if I can get it playable. I see a little bit of smoke from the opening animation and then it freezes and crashes. Doesn't get to Rockstar Legal Screen or anything.

Game was playing perfectly fine the day before. Woke up and seen I had to update. I tried to play without updating but it wouldn't let me. The Rockstar game launcher kept saying it couldn't validate or something. So I updated and that went away, game launches, but then almost immediately freezes. 

Will update on results. I can tell you this you though....If it don't want to work I'm going back to the [P] version. I understand they aren't trying to intentionally break peoples games, but DRM and UPDATES are always crap for mods. But you always come across that mod that "doesn't work with the pirated version" so you're like well I'll use the Steam Version. 

Same issue, the problem is the version.dll file needs to be updated, apparently there is an updated one on this site, but for the life of me i cannot find it.

3 hours ago, SneakySteve said:

Update: After installing this latest update RPH is loading properly again, not sure what exactly was going wrong but everything works fine again.

Glad to hear, thanks for reporting back!

• Like 1

version.dll prevents the game from launching entirely

Any suggestions? I have the latest version, I've removed everything else. Icon hasn't even appeared on taskbar, only Rockstar launcher. Really feels like I'll have to give up here.

3 hours ago, romanM said:

version.dll prevents the game from launching entirely

Any suggestions? I have the latest version, I've removed everything else. Icon hasn't even appeared on taskbar, only Rockstar launcher. Really feels like I'll have to give up here.

See above forgot to hit quote Its included with the alexander blade scripthook link i posted at the end of page 2 

• Like 1