Game BROKE After UPDATE

joebeefhash

Anyone else get the Steam Update yet? It was about 2.93GB and it broke my game. Currently reinstalling and will install mods one by one and see if I can get it playable. I see a little bit of smoke from the opening animation and then it freezes and crashes. Doesn't get to Rockstar Legal Screen or anything.

Game was playing perfectly fine the day before. Woke up and seen I had to update. I tried to play without updating but it wouldn't let me. The Rockstar game launcher kept saying it couldn't validate or something. So I updated and that went away, game launches, but then almost immediately freezes. 

Will update on results. I can tell you this you though....If it don't want to work I'm going back to the [P] version. I understand they aren't trying to intentionally break peoples games, but DRM and UPDATES are always crap for mods. But you always come across that mod that "doesn't work with the pirated version" so you're like well I'll use the Steam Version. 

This tends to happen with every update to a rockstar game. Will need to wait for the makers of things like RagePluginHook and ScriptHookRDR2 to update their mods. Most individual mods don't often need updating every time, just the hooks that allow them to run, but we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain.

Well, so far so good. LML (Lenny's Mod Loader) and Lenny's Simple Trainer have loaded into the game. So that's good. Going to try all the ScriptHooks now lol.

If they work then I've uninstalled and reinstalled for nothing basically lol. But I needed a fresh start anyways. but dang man RDR2 is like 120GB. Took about 2 and half hours to download. I got the [P] version of 1491.16 also downloading because I'm getting tired of this and I needed to update my [P] version anyways. This is crazy that it in today day and age, you purchase a product and don't even want to use the product supplied through the vendor so you go to a shady vendor who's like DRM? I can remove that. Yeah, no, you won't be able to update...GREAT! lol. That's exactly what I'm looking for. 

UPDATE: After updating script hook using this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1472 the game will load. Issue is now only RagePluginHook, which drops a rather cryptic looking error log when launching (but does not prevent game launch)

Spoiler

[2023-02-07 10:10:59 AM.824] Started new log on 2023-02-07 10:10:59 AM.824
[2023-02-07 10:10:59 AM.825] ====================================================================================================
[2023-02-07 10:10:59 AM.818] Log path: S:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Red Dead Redemption 2\RagePluginHookC#.log
[2023-02-07 10:10:59 AM.826] Log verbosity: Verbose
[2023-02-07 10:10:59 AM.943] LOADING: ZBxDXN7mXXpeG5R$zmdFHSmqiPR4zDKq6UJ_nZ8hnJZiBA6v_ibrBKu8kjgqzCa9Dw::NPxmhpq36oEzXtoEUpag8TY79HiN1vJoMbPjSnC$0amE
[2023-02-07 10:11:00 AM.115] LOADING: ZBxDXN7mXXpeG5R$zmdFHSmqiPR4zDKq6UJ_nZ8hnJZiBA6v_ibrBKu8kjgqzCa9Dw::QZ2Gz0JghrQRR4eYbuXtoDc
[2023-02-07 10:11:00 AM.174] LOADING: ZBxDXN7mXXpeG5R$zmdFHSmqiPR4zDKq6UJ_nZ8hnJZiBA6v_ibrBKu8kjgqzCa9Dw::0ekbyc13UTf8Z3UoYGpMwug
[2023-02-07 10:11:00 AM.193] LOADING: ZBxDXN7mXXpeG5R$zmdFHSmqiPR4zDKq6UJ_nZ8hnJZiBA6v_ibrBKu8kjgqzCa9Dw::4mL4or2ItACHf2iv64e4tYKdeIWdA7jgJGjnxa7$TpMw
[2023-02-07 10:11:00 AM.198] LOADING: ZBxDXN7mXXpeG5R$zmdFHSmqiPR4zDKq6UJ_nZ8hnJZiBA6v_ibrBKu8kjgqzCa9Dw::eMY59v4_uA4Z$XgDx2oMzU2GkyROGu_QynmAaviIKVCOliLeUdiUMMCeHwSLwLP$iQ
[2023-02-07 10:11:00 AM.936] LOADING: Initializing HtLfA0jIOTNOd7SYY27CUi6ax_8yYgfWPas7aixEDiWN...
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.000] LOADING (CHANGED): Initializing HtLfA0jIOTNOd7SYY27CUi6ax_8yYgfWPas7aixEDiWN... OK
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.000] LOADING: Initializing PbUTiTmVGnomCDmOSaJ5rTq9hxb8yl1DGKR$3HUGlq1T...
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.118] LOADING (CHANGED): Initializing PbUTiTmVGnomCDmOSaJ5rTq9hxb8yl1DGKR$3HUGlq1T... FAIL
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.120] FATAL ERROR! Could not initialize HookManager. Could not initialize to this game   at clUTr8QYm1aKZNcQLdPtKvuhNF0yyRlPt9c76pOZjZhUGzfr5i_43oZn0MIV6CPLBA.8J9r7XGySspi7EwVfWhocN_DgUnHMX8oyfbLmIWX4kOQ(Func`1 )
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.121] at ZBxDXN7mXXpeG5R$zmdFHSmqiPR4zDKq6UJ_nZ8hnJZiBA6v_ibrBKu8kjgqzCa9Dw.hAXm7XcRP$RWRq$eZKmJrSQ(FRRGvykOxQtVKCgCvcJj0sZ3Y3rdGlRarvRuzdNmAFsQJW8jGrdvud63iySJZSpq4gieTCsWxXIit7D0QZUQfKcVWsNpDimLzfmEaba_Frt5uGBpby_CcSqe1KSFuuBlQg )
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.121] at sZJr2G73PwZLF8_nux5f$_7868mrTfTzroq6LRMLvXbH.hAXm7XcRP$RWRq$eZKmJrSQ(Boolean )
[2023-02-07 10:11:01 AM.121] at Rage.EntryPoint.KI5PgXoxhq6jdtpaiDy34_g()

Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain.

I already have > ScriptHookRDR2. Hadn't tried it yet. I don't have RagePluginHook installed, I think I have it downloaded and backed up though.

I have AlexanderBladeScriptHook and it was 4th on the list of things installed. I even installed Rampage Trainer with the asi without the scripthook that it would require and the game launched fine, just no Rampage Trainer [obviously]. It's like you said, it's the scripthook. But still this is some crap because I was in the middle of modding stuff and I'm still not there. I have a useless copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 on my hard drive. So stupid. Welp, onto the [P] version! 

Well I did get the game running. I didn't realize Alexander Blade Hook was same as V2 version. They have the same file name so I thought I had everything setup right. 

So AlexanderBlade hook is basically obsolete now right? 

Also, I had V2 installed before I updated, so I guess I still haven't determined what's causing my game to crash lol. 

Edited by joebeefhash

2 hours ago, SneakySteve said:

UPDATE: After updating script hook using this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1472 the game will load. Issue is now only RagePluginHook, which drops a rather cryptic looking error log when launching (but does not prevent game launch)

Reveal hidden contents

Cheers, I'll have a look soon but it might take a few days. If anyone has any issues with LML on the new update, please let me know too.

4 minutes ago, ManReforged said:

Hopefully LML and ASI Loader (version.dll) still work with ScriptHookRDR2 V2. Anyone checked? Also, don't know if RedDeadOffline might need to be updated.

Both LML and the ASI loader work fine on my end, not sure about RedDeadOffline as I've never personally used it.

• Like 1

Ok so what are we supposed to do is just wait for alexander blade to update the scripthook and everything works again? alright i guess i can wait.

It's sad because I started playing with mods now and then the next day they update but anyway, that happens.

6 hours ago, WhiteRabbid said:

Tried reinstalling every mode, every possible combination the problem is version.dll (asi loader) - we need an updated one to fix everything.

Are you certain that the loader is the problem and not the mod being loaded?

• Thanks 2

my version.dll file isn't allowing me to launch the game with mods 😞 and yes i am using the latest version of it. even with the RDR2scripthook update that they just launched on this website. It's such a shame as I only got into modding this game a week ago and have been loving the difference but I guess that's how it is sometimes

I did something that worked here, I don't know if it will be for everyone but for me it was like this:

I removed the scripthookRDR2.dll (It is the V2 version of the scripthook that is on the nexus mods website, I removed it because they said it was the problem), then the game opened normally without the mods, after that I closed the game and put again the scripthookRDR2.dll and the game started normally with the mods loaded, that is, in my case it was just some conflict, I just had to remove the file from the folder and put it back after the game started normally.

If anyone can test it too and see if it works.

Edited by LordLopeS

9 hours ago, LMS said:

Are you certain that the loader is the problem and not the mod being loaded?

Yes Im sure, left the mods in lml, deleted only version.dll and the game run (the mods dependent on version.dll were not working other mods worked). When I put version.dll back the game drops. Its just because of asi loader

RDRoffline works fine. It was one of the first ones I tried. All these I have installed at the moment and working fine. All of these seem to be working fine, in the least NOT crashing my game. 

Lenny's Mod Loader

Lenny's Simple Trainer

RAMPAGE Trainer

RDRoffline

Crime and Law Rebalanced

Dismember Everyone

Faster Holstering Unholstering

Head Bleed

AMJM Transport 

Disable Horse Holstering

Disable Rifle Back

Duels

Guns (selling guns)

Gun Tricks

Houses

Hunting Wagon

Longer Days

Non Sticky Hats

On Screen Clock

Ped Damage Overhaul

Simple High Stakes

Slow Mo On Demand

Tie Your Lasso

Use Guns In Camp

How do I hide the contents of a message like someone above did? 

Also, does updating a game replace any modded files? Does it replace any of the scripthooks? 

LordLopeS - The same thing happened to me basically. I originally had V2 Scripthook installed and upon updating it seemed to get messed up, or something got messed up

with the update, but now my game is running fine like yours after putting scripthook v2 back in there.

7 minutes ago, joebeefhash said:

RDRoffline works fine. It was one of the first ones I tried. All these I have installed at the moment and working fine. All of these seem to be working fine, in the least NOT crashing my game. 

Lenny's Mod Loader

Lenny's Simple Trainer

RAMPAGE Trainer

RDRoffline

Crime and Law Rebalanced

Dismember Everyone

Faster Holstering Unholstering

Head Bleed

AMJM Transport 

Disable Horse Holstering

Disable Rifle Back

Duels

Guns (selling guns)

Gun Tricks

Houses

Hunting Wagon

Longer Days

Non Sticky Hats

On Screen Clock

Ped Damage Overhaul

Simple High Stakes

Slow Mo On Demand

Tie Your Lasso

Use Guns In Camp

How do I hide the contents of a message like someone above did? 

Do you have asiloader there? If not thats why its running, but I guarantee you that the mods that need asiloader are not working.