Native UI Development | How to add custom context actions?

SteveOhByte

Hello,

I have recently been polishing and completing a few script mods and I realized that I've made the mistake of putting off actual player input to the very end. Throughout development, the script has either been running on game load or on a function key press, and I would like to more seamlessly integrate into the game.

I was for example wondering how context menu actions could be made, that is when you hold right-click on a ped or an animal there is a context menu. Is there a way to add custom actions to this?

Another option I considered was something like NativeUI modding in GTA5, where you open a simple menu interface in the corner of the screen for navigation and interaction. But I can't seem to find any info on this approach either when it comes to Red Dead.

Does anyone have ideas of how to accomplish these two systems? Is there any way?

Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain.

They are called prompts. You can add your own via _BEGIN_REGISTER_PROMPT. I do not have a ready example since I abstracted these calls way, but it should give you a good point of reference to search for.

• Like 1