Is it safe to play online with mods installed?

noab guy

I've only been playing single player since I got the game and have 5 or 6 mods installed for it. I have a friend who wants to play online and I just wanna make sure, will having those mods installed get me banned? I remember seeing somewhere that LML will automatically deactivate any mods when launching online, but for example the Rampage Trainer seems to still work even when I disable it in the mod manager. Should I uninstall it before launching online? I've already gotten a warning about unofficial game files detected while using the Rockstar launcher.

LML does not load Rampage Trainer so it cannot disable it. As a general rule, it is best to remove any kind of mods before launching online. Since LML is loaded by an ASI loader, all you have to do is delete or rename the ASI loader (usually version.dll or dinput.dll). No need to remove the actual LML folder.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, LMS said:

LML does not load Rampage Trainer so it cannot disable it. As a general rule, it is best to remove any kind of mods before launching online. Since LML is loaded by an ASI loader, all you have to do is delete or rename the ASI loader (usually version.dll or dinput.dll). No need to remove the actual LML folder.

awesome thank you, that's good to know. just so im clear, are any .asi files in the rdr2 root folder safe as long as the asi loader is disabled, or should i remove those as well?

• 4 months later...