[Mod Request] Disable regenerating ammo and supplies (provisions)

Hello, This is for those survivalists whom like to roam the open world of RDR2, explore, camp,

and do whatever you want outside the story.

One of my pet peeves with this game is that Rockstar likes to hold the character's hand and make

sure the player has and gets everything he needs, heres what i mean.

=========

Ever smoke a few cigarettes and then go to your inventory and somehow magically you have a

brand new pack without you having to pick one up, or buy any?

Ever run out of bullets for one of your weapons, and somehow one of the bandits you killed

after you looting him just somehow happens to have some for your gun.

Ever be out of some canned food, and you go to a campsite or a house or some place and

magically it just happens to have exactly what your out of.

How about when you go sell stuff to make money, like i dont drink any alcohol in the game, but i still pick

them up when i find them so i can sell them, problem is even if i sell them at say The general store in Valentine or

another store, or even Van Horst trader, somehow when i go to y inventory theres still some there.

Last notes

This was something i had pm'd @crossed99 about on the Nexus this past summer,

just quoting parts here:

As i play, lets say i killed a bunch of bandits (using your mods btw)

the one where bandits spawn in mass in various areas, so i killed all of them by the chapel

by Armadillo there, i had to clean my gun, so i used some gun oil, two in fact as i needed to

clean 2 guns.

What i hate is the fact that you used something, and the world whether you loot a house or a dead

body decides to refill what you used, wtf.

So my question is, is it possible to disable it so that the game doesn't know what you used, or

at least doesn't give you gun oil when you loot a body because you just happen to be out 1, i go loot

a 2nd body and oh guess what, ya i get another gun oil, wtf!

Why is that bad?

It breaks immersion, i prefer to survive and scrounge or scavenge to survive, as i also use your mod which is my favorite

the survival mod, theres got to be a way to disable or stop at least on corpses from "refilling" or giving you

what you either just used or used previously.

Like my horse got shot and went down, i revived him after i killed the bandits, guess what i acquired?

Ya horse reviver, again wtf, :dry: stop holding my hand Rockstar!

============

I'd really like to actually need something and not be constantly fed or have it given to me by some magical way.

i want to struggle, i want to use my brain and think about what i can do to acquire something, i want to work and earn my level,

earn what i got as it makes it more immersive and allows you to enjoy the game more.

In my opinion the money you acquire be it robberies, looting, or selling stuff is worth more in its use

if you need to buy something that you dont actually have, obviously but not in this game.

Unless among the 30+ mods im running is creating a bug where stuff is regenerating in the world and in my inventory

then we need a mod to stop this regenerating, or at least allow the player to tweak some things in an ini like only

allow world regernation to happen once every so many hours or days, and no regen for the player, ect,.

Edited by Gunter Severloh

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 40 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

RDR2 Mod - Hired Guns Mod - Hire gunmen at saloons to travel, and protect you from predators and bandits!

• Gunter Severloh changed the title to [Mod Request] Disable regenerating ammo and supplies (provisions)
  • 5 weeks later...

I can't say i'm 100% positive, but nothing should be regenerating in your inventory over time. I've never seen this happening in my game. So if this is happening to you perhaps it is a mod. That being said, RDR2 does shower you with crazy amounts of supplies. Kill a few people and loot a few houses and you are basically stacked on items already and never have to use the shop unless you want something specific.

As for the ammo part, there are some conditions in the lootconfigdata that basically always give you ammo for looting people for your equipped guns, couple this with ammo drops in the loot tables and you basically never need to buy ammo. This settings can be disabled however, so that ammo is much harder to come by. In fact, you can remove ammo entirely from the loot tables and the config data to never get ammo from anyone. I did this for my game. The loot tables can be edited for basically all items you can loot from NPCs, containers, houses, and camps. You just have to edit these files on your own as RDR2 has no such settings to create a more hardcore game. Also, there are very few loot mods out there and none of them really scarcify the loot much. 

Yeah this is a late reply, saw it as I was searching for something else so I figured I'd chime in just incase you haven't found the answer or anyone else comes looking. 

Edited by Zeniver
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Zeniver said:

So if this is happening to you perhaps it is a mod.

Thanks for your reply, ya im beginning to think it is a mod, but what mod is the question.

Thing is im not on the latest version of the game the 1436.31, im on 1436.28 because i reverted back from the .31 version.

Dont think that makes any difference but, as for the mods im running they are the following:

Spoiler

- 1899 Firearms - (lml)
- All Weapons Unlocked - (asi)
- AMJM Transport - (asi)
- Bounties Expansion - Replayable Bounties - (lml)
- Brave Horses - (lml)
- Campfire Weapon Locker - (asi)
- Colt Navy replaces Cattleman - (lml)
- Crime and Law Rebalance and Enhancement - (lml)
- CutDialogueRestorationandEnhancement - (asi)
- Disables Out Of Bounds Snipers - (asi)
- Enhanced Entity and World Persistence 1.4 - (asi)
- First Person Walk Fix - (asi)
- Friendlier NPC Greets - (lml)
- GunFX - (lml)
- Horse - (asi)
- Increased range for most guns - (lml)
- Lockdown Manager Menu - (asi)
- No Automatic Reload Ever (BETA) - (asi)
- NoHitmarkers - (asi)
- NoHolstering - (asi)
- No Kill Cam Filter - (lml)
- NoWaterFallDamage - (asi)
- No Sliding - (asi)
- No Vignette - (lml)
- PedDamageOverhaul - (lml, asi)
- NPC weapons Overhaul - (lml)
- Ped Accuracy Fix - (lml)
- RDR2_Seats - (asi)
- RDR 2 W.E.R.O (Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul) - (lml)
- Realistic Loadouts - (lml)
- Realistic reload - (lml)
- Realistic Weapon Overhaul - (lml)
- Red Dead Freecam v1.4 - (asi)
- Reshade
- Selling Guns - (asi)
- Survival Mechanics - (asi)
- Wait For A Train - (asi)

I would love to have my inventory not constantly have what i never pick up.

Seriously its like cigarettes and whisky automatically grow in my inventory, i sell everything at the

general store, and the fence and i have nothing for health, alcohol, cigarettes, ect,. and i look in my inventory,

ya its less but i still have a brand new pack of cigarettes, whisky, ect,. its those few things, its annoying

most especially cigarettes.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 40 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

RDR2 Mod - Hired Guns Mod - Hire gunmen at saloons to travel, and protect you from predators and bandits!

I wouldn't be able to say which mod would be causing it. But you can remove all the mods and see if it keeps happening in your game. Just cut and paste all of your mods and all corresponding files/logs to a different folder so that it's a default setup and run the game and see if it still happens. If not, cut and paste mods back one by one or in groups to see which is doing it in your game. 

There are a few mods out there that change up loot, such as Realistic Loot Rebalance, Hardcore Mode, and RDR2 Enhanced Edition. But to really get the loot drops the way you want, you'd have to edit the loot tables yourself.