The latest updated version of RAGE Plugin Hook, required to play RDRFR, can be found inside the RDRFR download. It is not currently available on the RAGE Plugin Hook website.

CRASH: Bootstrapper entry point not found?!

xMoneey

Question

When starting the game with RAGE, it just gives me this error:

"Could not find bootstrapper entry point"

I tried launching RPH after my game has loaded into story mode and it still shows me this issue and RDR just freezes.

How do I fix this?

I installed RPH on a fresh game only with Lennys Simple Trainer

Edited by xMoneey

13 answers to this question

I feel like it might be some folder permissions issue going on the background. The R* launcher is known to mess with folder permissions and set everything to read only. Try launching RPH as admin and see if it fixes it.

• Like 2

Yes I did! Before installing RPH and RDRPD I made sure my game is on the newest patch.

Now it looks like some other issue is appearing aswell: It sometimes gives me the error described above and also sometimes it tells me "Could not hook game process. Insufficient permissions or bad anti-virus." and the game just closes.

Edited by xMoneey

2 hours ago, LMS said:

I feel like it might be some folder permissions issue going on the background. The R* launcher is known to mess with folder permissions and set everything to read only. Try launching RPH as admin and see if it fixes it.

Tried this many times, still getting "Could not hook game process. Insufficient permissions or bad anti-virus." Error.

Edited by xMoneey

And to add to that: It actually worked 1 time yesterday. No errors, no crashes after I started it the 10th time or so. 

Today I get this "Could not hook game process. Insufficient permissions or bad anti-virus." error every time I start the game.

To solve this problem what I did was make a ''Rage'' shortcut on the desktop and go to the shortcut properties, advanced options and check the ''Run as administrator'' box. After doing that, also disable the ''Windows Defender'' antivirus.

I hope it helps you 😁