Customized Gameconfig For Stable Gameplay W/ Mods

unitedOrange66

I assume the default gameconfig for RDR2 has very limited memory for mods. 

I had a few crashes in the middle of a playthrough caused by the lack of game memory. Even with a carefully tailored graphic setting; even on a high-end gaming PC, RDR2 seems to be somewhat unstable with mods due to the limited allowance on game memory. 

I did a bit of research, and discovered only one customized gameconfig that is available for download: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1504

Perhaps modding RDR2 isn't too memory demanding, unlike GTA 5 or LSPDFR, but I still believe by increasing the default game memory pool will allow more mods to be added to the game; and ensure a smooth, modded gameplay.

For anyone who play RDRFR or have multiple mods installed, have you ever encountered the "Out of game memory" error? And are you using a customized gameconfig? 

Edited by unitedOrange66

• unitedOrange66 changed the title to Customized Gameconfig For Stable Gameplay W/ Mods

What are your computer specs?

I never had that error, im running v1436.28 of the game with 34 mods and get 60+fps with everything maxed

my only issue ever with the game was it not starting hence why i did a revert.

My specs

i7-700k 4.20ghz

32gb @3600mhz

RTX 2060 12gb

4x500gb SSD

1 TB SSD

1000w psu

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 40 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

RDR2 Mod - Hired Guns Mod - Hire gunmen at saloons to travel, and protect you from predators and bandits!

34 mods? 😧

I'm currently playing story mode with "quality of life fix" mods. I get 60 FPS consistently with 4K resolution. 

My spec: 

Intel i9 - 9900k

MSI RTX 2060 6GB 

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB  SSD

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB SSD

32GB 3600MHz 

650W PSU

I can run LSPDFR almost maxed out settings in 4K with countless mods at 40-50 FPS, but only possible with heapadjuster, parkfile limited adjuster, and custom gameconfig. 

Edited by unitedOrange66

12 hours ago, LMS said:

What kind of error/crash do you get? I have found RDR 2 to be quite stable (just like GTA 5).

"ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM Out of memory. Please reboot, close other applications, and ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements.

I have found RDR 2 to be quite stable

^ Unfortunately I had the opposite experience.

Previously I got that error consistently during loading screen after I installed less than 10 mods, including a few .asi mods. (all of them were downloaded from this site) After that I discovered this gameconfig: "A Modest Memory Pool Booster for LML - Performance GameConfig XML," although it doesn't actually add any memories to the game, but I was able to load the game and play for hours.  

But still, with that gameconfig, this error can popup unpredictably during regular playthrough, although it happens less often now; which was odd because the game wasn't trying to spawn anything "crazy," I did not have any applications like Google Chrome, or even Discord open in the background, and my PC exceeded the minimum requirements. Also since the majority of the map are just landscapes which shouldn't take too much game memory to load. 

The only explanation/theory I can come up with is, there is a in-game "memory cap" for RDR2, just like GTA 5, and once you reach that "memory cap" somehow with mods, without any other mods to increase the default memory limit, the "out of memory" error will appear regardless of your PC sepcs. 

Edited by unitedOrange66

• 1 year later...

hi i have a problem sorta like that my game crashes randomly while playing it just crashes to desktop with no error or any message. sometimes out of nowhere It can be riding in blackwater or in armadillo and it crashes i have had this problem for so long here is a list of things I have already tried 

*verify integrity files

*tried new game config here's link https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1504

*uninstalling game and reinstalling

*deleting a few mods 

*updating ScriptHook and LML loader along with ASI loader 

*checking for conflicting mods with mod conflict finder

i don't know what else to do here are my specs

AMD Ryzen 5 7600 6-Core Processor                 3.80 GHz

64.0 GB 

If someone could please help that would be awesome Thank you.