Help with Remove Black Bars mod?

Toe

Hey all. Finally decided I would play through red dead and the stupid cinematic black bars that show up during cutscenes are pissing me off. Went to go grab a mod to remove them but I cannot for the life of me get it working. This is the first time I've modded red dead and all I want is this one mod. I've installed LML, I've tried deleting the settings files, I've tried different versions of LML but it just won't work. The mod page doesn't really give any useful info. I tried loading with an asi loader but the game wouldn't even launch with that, plus I don't think I need that because there's no asi file for this particular mod? There's another mod with the same effect but apparently it causes some problems with certain quests and general issues so I haven't bothered trying it and would rather not. Please help!

The mod in question: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1389

Welcome to the RDR2 Mods forums!

Heres what you do:

Put Remove Black Bars folder that contains camera.ymt file and XML file inside lml folder. Do not put anything inside stream folder.

or use this instead https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/349

as it only requires asi.

• Like 1

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 40 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

RDR2 Mod - Hired Guns Mod - Hire gunmen at saloons to travel, and protect you from predators and bandits!

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to the RDR2 Mods forums!

Heres what you do:

Put Remove Black Bars folder that contains camera.ymt file and XML file inside lml folder. Do not put anything inside stream folder.

or use this instead https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/349

as it only requires asi.

I've done exactly that but got nothing. Plus that other mod apparently has issues with cutscenes actually loading.

Are you running any other mods?

Other then that idk what to tell you.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

RDR2 Mod - Bandit Hideouts Mod - This mod adds 130 bandit hideouts, 40 ambush locations to RDR2, and More!

RDR2 Mod - Hired Guns Mod - Hire gunmen at saloons to travel, and protect you from predators and bandits!

15 hours ago, Toe said:

Ended up using a tool I found through reddit that does the trick.

Which is what? So others can benefit from your discovery whom are trying to do the same thing.

My Utube Channels

Gunter Severloh (Arma 3)

Gunter Severloh RDR2

• 4 months later...