(Another ) mod request : Add max health for ped changer

Doktor VS

Negative values bug the game out. I had the same case when I implemented bleeding for the PedDamageOverhaul - I decreased the health bit by bit (5 health points at a time) and NPCs wouldnt die most of the time. That was because when an NPC only had 2 health points left and I deducted 5 from it, it would go to -3 (which bugged it out).

@Doktor VS: what settings did you choose to make it work?

I dont have the time to try anything out under the week, I can take a look at it on saturday or sunday.

6 hours ago, HughJanus said:

Negative values bug the game out. I had the same case when I implemented bleeding for the PedDamageOverhaul - I decreased the health bit by bit (5 health points at a time) and NPCs wouldnt die most of the time. That was because when an NPC only had 2 health points left and I deducted 5 from it, it would go to -3 (which bugged it out).

@Doktor VS: what settings did you choose to make it work?

I dont have the time to try anything out under the week, I can take a look at it on saturday or sunday.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry about it thanks heaps for your help though, somethings clearly up the shit on my end. I would have reinstalled the game by now to see if it works if it wasn’t 100gb! 

I’m thinking of maybe using lennys trainer alongside pedDamageOverhaul if it has npc damage output modifiers. 

Or maybe going back to using Difficulty Scaler mod alongside pedDamage. But then I’d have to give up CustomTimeScale Because rage doesn’t play friendly with scripthook.net which difficulty scaler relies on.... 

I don’t know Why I let such a minor thing like Arthur’s bullet spongyness get me so hung up on just playing the game!

There seems to be nothing wrong on your side, @element117.

Other testers have reported that the player health feature in the Ped Damage Overhaul is not working for them as well. We are currently trying to figure out why (among other things we are doing with the Ped Damage Overhaul).

5 hours ago, HughJanus said:

There seems to be nothing wrong on your side, @element117.

Other testers have reported that the player health feature in the Ped Damage Overhaul is not working for them as well. We are currently trying to figure out why (among other things we are doing with the Ped Damage Overhaul).

Well it is good to know, hopefully you can figure out the problem it would really round this mod off as the best available

9 hours ago, element117 said:

Well it is good to know, hopefully you can figure out the problem it would really round this mod off as the best available

The next version of the ped damage overhaul will a have NPC damage modifiers in the ini. This might help you. If everything goes fine, we might be releasing tonight 🙂

Edit: or you could just grab one of the testing builds and check if that does it for you.

Edited by HughJanus

1 hour ago, element117 said:

Oh sure! sorry where do I grab a testing build?

On the mod page (in the comments).

https://www.mod-rdr.com/downloads/rdr2/mods/42-ped-damage-overhaul/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1268

2 hours ago, snuffles said:

I'm having a very similar issue with the same mods did you ever get it working @element117 

Hey @snuffles, the latest version of PedDamageOverhaul has a modifier for NPC damage - with this you can achieve the same effect as decreasing Arthurs health 🙂