Mod request : Story mode silent player, no voice / voice remplacement

Doktor VS

Hello everyone, Would it be possible for some talented modder here to do a mod like this, please ? So when I play a female model, I don't have the deep masculine voice coming out xDย  Subtitles will do the job , for me to understand the story I think. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 hours ago, HughJanus said:

I could look into it on the weekend.

For anybody who has time sooner, I found three natives which might do the trick:

IS_ANY_SPEECH_PLAYING

STOP_CURRENT_PLAYING_SPEECH

STOP_PED_SPEAKING

ย 

Hi there comrade ! ๐Ÿ™‚ Niiice , if I can help you, tell me ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm impatient to hear news from you ! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you a lot, I really appreciate !

20 hours ago, LMS said:

If you useย SET_AMBIENT_VOICE_NOWย you should be able to change it. I remember that this caused issues with ped interactions not working correctly, though.

ย 

ย 

Hello,

ย 

May I ask you how can I use this ? I'm a total beginner in modding RDR 2 ๐Ÿ˜• Also, is it going to work in cutscenesย  ? Or just in game ?

You would have to create a script calling that function on the game character with the appropriate voice. If you have prior programming experience it should be relatively simple, if not it could be a bit harder. You can check outย https://www.mod-rdr.com/wiki/tutorials/ย if you are want to learn how you can write your own scripts for the game.

ย 

And I am not sure how cutscenes work, so cannot say whether it will work. Most likely it will still use the default voices, though.

I just tried my luck with STOP_PED_SPEAKING, but this doesnt only stop Arthur from speaking but also disables all the interaction (I cant threaten or greet anyone) unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by HughJanus
typos

1 hour ago, HughJanus said:

I just tried my luck with STOP_PED_SPEAKING, but this doesnt only stop Arthur from speaking but also disables all the interaction (I cant threaten or greet anyone) unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜•

ย 

Hi there, It will do the trick for me, I think ^^ I am interested ! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

On 1/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, LMS said:

You would have to create a script calling that function on the game character with the appropriate voice. If you have prior programming experience it should be relatively simple, if not it could be a bit harder. You can check outย https://www.mod-rdr.com/wiki/tutorials/ย if you are want to learn how you can write your own scripts for the game.

ย 

And I am not sure how cutscenes work, so cannot say whether it will work. Most likely it will still use the default voices, though.

ย 

ย 

Thank you, I'll check that out ! ๐Ÿ™‚

24 minutes ago, Doktor VS said:

ย 

The mod works great, thankย  you a lot ! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Youre very welcome :)

ย 

Can you interact with NPCs while the mod is enabled?

How does it work in cutscenes? Does Arthur still talk?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:59 PM, HughJanus said:

Well, then here you go.

You can activate the mod ingame via the F9 key.

Please report any odd behavior, I havent tested it that much yet.

PedSilencer.asi 105.5 kB ยท 1 download

ย 

You might also want to post this mod to the Downloads section to it is visible to more people, even if it was a special request mod ๐Ÿ™‚