Updated RDR2 wont launch

Hey all,

I updated the game, updated ABs script hook, updated LML.

When I try launching the game from R* launcher, the game window never opens. The "Play" button gets greyed out, then after 20 seconds or so it is enabled again.

I suppose I missed something - can anyone lend a hand? I unfortunately dont have a lot of time (to go through all the files, etc.) and am hoping for someone who had the same problem to just post the solution lol

BR
HJ

Rename version.dll and dinput.dll (if you have it), see if game launches. If version.dll is the issue: ensure you have the latest asi loader version. If you do (or if dinput is the issue), start removing .asi mods to narrow it down.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LMS said:

Rename version.dll and dinput.dll (if you have it), see if game launches. If version.dll is the issue: ensure you have the latest asi loader version. If you do (or if dinput is the issue), start removing .asi mods to narrow it down.

It was the version.dll. I removed it and the game launched.

Thanks for the quick and correct answer!

• 1 year later...

Sorry to necro, but what if both dinput and version.dll are stopping the game from launching? I tried each seperate then took both out and then game would launch.

Edited by BLKLSTD