Mod Idea/Request (lawman on horses behaviour) DONE! -> PDO

AnymYo

Unfortunalely Im not that familiar with the game files in a way to edit internal game mechanics (except for euphoria stuff and a little bit of the weapons stuff).
Maybe a more skilled/talented user could do this easily in no time (I know that there are some extreme pro`s outhere 😄 )

My suggestion:
A mod which lets lawman on horses behave like they did in RDR1 when chasing you.
In detail: No more horse drive by when you are in combat AND on the ground. If they can see you (your position is known and you are in active combat and you are NOT on your horse) AND coming to shoot you down, they get off the horse at a distance of about 20 - 30 meters (away from your position) and going to cover. If they dont know your position, or currently seeking you, they should behave like in vanilla.

Reason:
Often they are coming real close with their horses while in active combat and it seems like they absolutely dont give a sh*t about getting shot. Really unauthentic...
Also shooting lawman on horses is pretty boring imho. Yes, its cool to shoot the lawman off their horses in an active riding sequence when they chasing you but its simply unauthentic that every human NPC is running away from the shootout instead of lawmen on horses.

Its just a small detail but such a mod would be really awesome!
Thanks 🙂

Edited by AnymYo

• AnymYo changed the title to Mod Idea/Request (lawman on horses behaviour)

I tried implementing it in PDO.

Please check it out. You have the following ini settings:

ActivateAlternativePoliceBehavior = 0
DismountDistanceMin = 30
DismountDistanceMax = 50

Set the first one to 1 to enable the feature and then test it a bit, please.

I wont post this version in the official PDO-thread before you say its working as intended (I coded this blindly, no tests whatsoever).

PedDamageOverhaul.asi PedDamageOverhaul.ini

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AnymYo said:

@HughJanus
You got my detailed result via PM.

Short version:
Test successful, works to 100%, its awesome, KING!

Thank you very very much!

Thank you for the detailed test protocol and the great feature suggestion!

• Thanks 1

• AnymYo changed the title to Mod Idea/Request (lawman on horses behaviour) DONE! -> PDO