[PIMP MY HORSE] Cannot load presets

Barnaby

I was playing red dead a while back on my pc with mods. Lenny's trainer, Pimp my horse etc...

The mods worked just fine back then, but now, whenever I save an outfit for my horse with Pimp My Horse, it is said it's saved with the name I chose, but it's never in my saved outfits. Like, right away, but also when I die etc...It's like I never saved anything. Any idea what causes this? Didn't find anything on  internet about this problem but if someone found a fix and I didn't see it, I'm sorry, and I'd love to see it !

Might be a permissions issue writing to the file in the game folder. Could check the file or try running the game as admin. The Rockstar Games Launcher unfortunately likes to randomly "protect" the files in your game directory.

17 hours ago, LMS said:

Might be a permissions issue writing to the file in the game folder. Could check the file or try running the game as admin. The Rockstar Games Launcher unfortunately likes to randomly "protect" the files in your game directory.

Thanks for your answer ! Launching the game in administrator didn't help...And by checking the files, you mean with the launcher, right?

On 10/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, LMS said:

Yeah my hunch would be that it tries to write to the pimpmyhorse.ini file but access is denied.

Well, i asked the launcher to check the files and it didn't change anything. Guess i could try to put a previous version of the mod to see, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work at all with the compatibility

Edit : found it ! I needed to give the administrator rights to the pimpmyhorse.ini and that was it ! Thanks for the hunch ! 😄

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 2